Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I reckon it's 20 years since AWIMB's heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Deliberate ploy at all airports, to make you spend a bloody fortune in the shops.
    I don't even find the shopping very good either.

I'll always look at a giant toblerones and those travel neck pillow things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't even find the shopping very good either.

I'll always look at a giant toblerones and those travel neck pillow things.
    Always the 3 for 2 books in WH Smiths that gets me. And the crisps

has it come full circle. I will be doing this tomorrow. not sure if they still have internet cafe's though.
    I tell you what they do have. not enough seats.
    Porridge and coffee at Itsu in Stansted can pass the time ok at 6:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Porridge and coffee at Itsu in Stansted can pass the time ok at 6:00am.
    Surely you meant pints of Moretti and bacon sarnies there, p?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I remember being at Stansted going on a business trip and checking in at an internet cafe to catch up with Canary Dwarf's cousin-****ing developments
    You used to be able to come here to get radio streams.

I remember one time being in a giant EasyInternet cafe in the 'Dam. Only time I ever used one of those. Hundreds of PCs with headphones.

I also listened to our 5-1 win at the San Siro vs Inter in St Martin in the French West Indies, so it would have been around 4-5pm.

{My French mate from there, who had a Manc gf, had come over to visit some weeks previously and I took him to the home leg. We lost 3-0 and afterwards the cünt said "That's good. I support Utd in the EPL." Wouldn't have taken him had I known.}

Anyway, we won 5-1. It was a small shop with about 5 PCs. There were two young black schoolboys in their uniforms and me on headphones. I was nervy during the 2nd half, as we were only 2-1 up. Then we scored 3 in the last 5 mins. Each goal saw me get increasingly excited and I got told off by the white French lady owner for jumping up and shouting "Get the fück in" when the fourth or fifth went in.

I only used to lurk back then. Only posted when I wanted a radio stream.

But as there were so many posts, even during the night, my daily lurk could take 30-60 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Surely you meant pints of Moretti and bacon sarnies there, p?
    'Spoons was crowded, nowhere to sit! And the demographic . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    'Spoons was crowded, nowhere to sit! And the demographic . . . . . . . . . . . .
    I use Stansted only once a year, thankfully. For a golf trip with the lads to Portugal.

We can never get into Spoons but there's a much better place the other side, can't remember the name. Decent bacon and sausage sarnies and the demographic is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I use Stansted only once a year, thankfully. For a golf trip with the lads to Portugal.

We can never get into Spoons but there's a much better place the other side, can't remember the name. Decent bacon and sausage sarnies and the demographic is much better.
    Back at Stansted for the third time this year in December, will check it out then but without the cutlery obvs.

has it come full circle. I will be doing this tomorrow. not sure if they still have internet cafe's though.
    I tell you what they do have. not enough seats.
    Just received feedback form from Stansted for most recent trip. What's the one thing we could do to improve the terminal experience? Fash says 'more seats'! What I said was create a marked walkway to the exits within which using your phone and/or stopping is banned!

I rememebr you used to occasionally post a single sentence ending with Ganpati Bless

[QUOTE= I only used to lurk back then. Only posted when I wanted a radio stream.

But as there were so many posts, even during the night, my daily lurk could take 30-60 mins.[/QUOTE]

. . . . . . . . . . . . .