Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it with Everton?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Everton was Thomas Vermaelen's debut - he scored as well. 2009-10 season. Denilson's wasn't a free kick but hell of a shot. Ramsey's injury was the same season.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155236843442713

The one still annoys me
    plenty of unlikeable cnuts in that Arsenal squard back then

Tommy V
    Gallas
    Almunia (109 appearances!)
    Bendtner
    Silvestre
    etc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    plenty of unlikeable cnuts in that Arsenal squard back then

Tommy V
    Gallas
    Almunia (109 appearances!)
    Bendtner
    Silvestre
    etc
    I liked Nicky B as a back up striker. Wasted his talent, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Cheers, LA. I was at a 6-2 home win, I think against Middlesbrough, in TV5's first season. We went 0-1 down early, equalised, then Tommy V made a mistake and they scored again, about 30' in.

Shortly after, Vermaelen got the ball and hammered it home from about 30 yards. Think we got another before HT - RVP? - then scored another 3 in the second half. Nicky Bendtner scored the last, lovely control with the outside of his right boot just outside the box over on the left before smashing it in.

Any idea when that was, how long after that Brazilian ankles opening game, cos I was back in Blighty for the 6-2, and as I say, I'm sure it was TV5's first season.
    Think it was this game against Blackburn you are thinking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwi-HiZmm3c

Worth a watch. Only a few weeks after Everton I think
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 09-15-2023 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Think it was this game against Blackburn you are thinking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwi-HiZmm3c

Worth a watch. Only a few weeks after Everton I think
    Guess that's it, LA. Thought it wasn't then I realised they'd missed off the last minute Nicky B goal I was talking about.

But those Cesc to RVP passes. They were gorgeous.

You know when we played 4-1-4-1 to get to the CL final? We could have had RVP ahead of AA23-TR7-Cesc-Nasri back then.

We had Sir Chez in goal and Kos at CH. A world class DM and FBs of a Sagna and Monreal level, plus another top CH and we should really have been winning things.

But that front 5 was great. We need Kai {and}/or Fabio {and}/or ESR to fulfil their potential and our current one could be the best ever. {Also having Leo as cover is tops.}

Really glad Fabio's coming good, btw. I loved him last season, though God alone knows what's going on with ESR.

Hope Kai shows how good he can be soon. Fabio took a season. Titi and even DB10 took a while to get going. Had that penalty been given vs Utd and us win 2-1, everyone would have been happy with him despite the miss. Still don't get why it was overturned.

We need him to do a Bergy - world class when young, fücked around by a shît club with blue in their shirts*, comes to us, takes 7 games, but once the first goes in, becomes the best player most of us had seen up to then.

*Who are vastly inferior to their city rivals who have red instead of blue.