Every other Chelsea winger bar Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    to Trabanzor

Still maintain he's better than:
    Anthony
    Sancho
    Mudryk
    Every other Chelsea winger bar Sterling
    Absolutely. shame I would have liked him to have had a chance. But Arteta didn't want him. and by all accounts neither did Emery. one of Raul's dodgy dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Absolutely. shame I would have liked him to have had a chance. But Arteta didn't want him. and by all accounts neither did Emery. one of Raul's dodgy dealings.
    I just think it's down to application and attitude. Certainly no lack of talent

He wasn't a one-touch team player in a dominant side.

He was made for a defend deep counter attack side, with a back-to-goal big target man and the other winger basically an extra MF.

Then the counter attacks either go direct to Pepe or via the no.9 and he does his goal scoring thing. He was never gonna play one touch give and goes on the edge of the box like Saka, Gabby, ESR, Leo etc etc etc.

GG {him, not me} would have loved him. But couldn't play Wenger/MA-ball.

{Now waiting for LA to explain statistically why I'm talking out of my årse to 23 decimal places.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

He was made for a defend deep counter attack side, with a back-to-goal big target man and the other winger basically an extra MF.

Then the counter attacks either go direct to Pepe or via the no.9 and he does his goal scoring thing. He was never gonna play one touch give and goes on the edge of the box like Saka, Gabby, ESR, Leo etc etc etc.

{Now waiting for LA to explain statistically why I'm talking out of my årse to 23 decimal places.}
    I appreciate the timing means it's sort of inevitable but he did look far better that season with no crowds due to Covid

Nor did ‘Diamond Eye’ Mislintat. He was adamant it was a waste of money because we have a super talent in the youth team (yet to make his debut) who he’d be blocking. He was talking about a certain Saka.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I appreciate the timing means it's sort of inevitable but he did look far better that season with no crowds due to Covid
    That year we ditched Auba and challenged Sperz for 4th. We were 1-0 down and he came off the bench. Scored an equalizer c.82 mins then made a last min {deflected} winner for Laca in the final secs.

If he could have done that more often then he could still have had a role as a last throw of the dice from the bench. But when we have Leo, RN, ESR {and poss Fabio} as cover out wide.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Exactly this. Takes a very long time on the ball making the transitions which MA needs nearly impossible to implement.