Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I genuinely have no idea how that wasn't a penalty

I genuinely have no idea how that wasn't a penalty

he was clean through, no reason to go down and was clearly clipped. Rashford does that and it's a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    he was clean through, no reason to go down and was clearly clipped. Rashford does that and it's a penalty
    This is one issue I have with VAR.(well one problem) they only showed one angle (I don't like this with certain tackles as they can be made to look at lot worse) But form another angle looks like Casemiro knocks him down. None of their players contested it at the time.

If the first contact wasn't a penalty, the second was...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    If the first contact wasn't a penalty, the second was...
    Very slight contact on the first phase is enough to push one leg on to the other.

I am ok with the idea that it isn't a penalty. I am far less comfortable with the idea that it is a clear and obvious error.

Sadly that "clear and obvious error" malarkey was always going (intended?) to be the thin end of the wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Very slight contact on the first phase is enough to push one leg on to the other.

I am ok with the idea that it isn't a penalty. I am far less comfortable with the idea that it is a clear and obvious error.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Sadly that "clear and obvious error" malarkey was always going (intended?) to be the thin end of the wedge.
    I do like the United manager including the penalty in his list of complaints, conveniently ignoring the fact that it was overturned

He doesn't seem to like the offside rule either

I do like the United manager including the penalty in his list of complaints, conveniently ignoring the fact that it was overturned

I thought it was offside straight away. Well done, Gabriel.....just

ETH does come across as a bit of cÙnt at times.

It appears Jadon Sancho thinks the same
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ETH does come across as a bit of cÙnt at times.

It appears Jadon Sancho thinks the same
    Probably not the cleverest thing to say the day after the transfer window slams shut

I thought it was offside straight away. Well done, Gabriel.....just
    Same here, the minute the ball went through. I was surprised there was no flag.

Seen the freeze frame again. It is definitely offside