Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haven't we sold Pepe yet?

Haven't we sold Pepe yet?

He's got to be worth fifty quid to a Saudi club, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Biggest disappointment in this window is that these Saudis haven't shown any interest in the old **** we are trying to get rid of.

Pepe is a classic case of putting a half decent player on a superstar contract. The clubs that want him cant afford him and the clubs that could afford him won't touch him. This is an issue Chelsea will be grappling with in years to come with those 8 year contracts they have been handing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Biggest disappointment in this window is that these Saudis haven't shown any interest in the old **** we are trying to get rid of.

Pepe is a classic case of putting a half decent player on a superstar contract. The clubs that want him cant afford him and the clubs that could afford him won't touch him. This is an issue Chelsea will be grappling with in years to come with those 8 year contracts they have been handing out.
    I don't actually think he is on a superstar contract though. I keep hearing around £160'000 a week max. It's a lot sure. But i'd imagine he'd get a team in the prem 10 goals still if played every game. With the money floating about the prem these days that's not that much. He's good enough to keep a team in the league which is worth at least tens of millions.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I don't actually think he is on a superstar contract though. I keep hearing around £160'000 a week max. It's a lot sure. But i'd imagine he'd get a team in the prem 10 goals still if played every game. With the money floating about the prem these days that's not that much. He's good enough to keep a team in the league which is worth at least tens of millions.
    How many premier league teams pay that level of wages? Or would be willing to do it once and risk pissing off the rest of their squad?

He might suit a team like Palace who are a bit short on inspiration but would he even be willing to go there?

How many premier league teams pay that level of wages? Or would be willing to do it once and risk pissing off the rest of their squad?

He might suit a team like Palace who are a bit short on inspiration but would he even be willing to go there?
    I understand Palace paid 120k a week to Zaha. That would presumably put Pepe out of reach.

Well a quick google search found me the PL yearly revenue for 21/22. Burnley who came last turned over £124m. So they're not really breaking the bank to cover Pepe's £8m yearly wages. It's another reason why the CL is overrated wnak and the Prem is indeed a super league. When a Mickey Mouse nothing team like Burnley can generate that ammount of wonga.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...bs-by-revenue/
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We don't do selling Sir C. We like a loan

(apart from the ones we have sold) before LA strikes
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 09-01-2023 at 03:48 PM.

Tbh he's a decent bench option so not too fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    He’s a lightweight Gervinho.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    He’s a lightweight Gervinho.