Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do hope this ESR to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He was pretty **** on Saturday. Still, he wasn't alone in that respect.
    I'll be honest, not seen any of it or highlights. Just going on what I've read and heard.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    You’re probably right with the left winger aspect, although ESR could adapt to other roles in midfield. Vieira came off the bench to showcase his talent to full effect in the second half which won’t have made ESR’s life any easier .
    Loan spell to Palace imo
    Wouldn't mind him trying to fit into that Fulham midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not really - he played his best season (33 games, 10 goals) alongside Odegaard so definitely nothing to do with him. He was unfortunate the his fitness problems probably coincided with Martilnelli nailing down the left wing role
    Yup. ESR played no.10 on Boxing Day as a last throw of the dice and we won. Gabby also played well and both did for the next few games.

We then got Ødin on loan and ESR moved wide - leading to what I thought was a rather decent headline from the other bod on Arseblog - the answer, my friends, was Smith Rowe on the wings.

The joke is that now we at last get a system that allows ESR, MØ and GM to all play together - a W-M with a top DM forming a double pivot with the inverted FB - he now has Fabio and Kai ahead of him. I really hope Kai doesn't join the list of Chelski failures. I like Jorgy - great buy for that price.

Maybe it will just take a while for KH to learn to play our system with our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yup. ESR played no.10 on Boxing Day as a last throw of the dice and we won. Gabby also played well and both did for the next few games.

We then got Ødin on loan and ESR moved wide - leading to what I thought was a rather decent headline from the other bod on Arseblog - the answer, my friends, was Smith Rowe on the wings.

The joke is that now we at last get a system that allows ESR, MØ and GM to all play together - a W-M with a top DM forming a double pivot with the inverted FB - he now has Fabio and Kai ahead of him. I really hope Kai doesn't join the list of Chelski failures. I like Jorgy - great buy for that price.

Maybe it will just take a while for KH to learn to play our system with our players.
    Amazing how good the players who aren't in the team are some times eh GG.

You lot are giving Gabriel too much credit. A good CB no doubt, but he's had his share of calamities and he was absolutely raped by Haaland at the Emirates last year. Saliba, in contrast, had him in his pocket although admittedly it was the CS.

Not sure how anyone can complain too much about White being selected over Gabriel, there's not much in it and personally I prefer White. With Zinny not fit and Arteta wanting a midfielder at FB, Partey moving there and White going inside makes sense. As some have pointed out, when Zinny is fit I fully expect him to be back in the team and White to move to RB with Gabriel recalled.

Much ado about nowt imo

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Amazing how good the players who aren't in the team are some times eh GG.

You lot are giving Gabriel too much credit. A good CB no doubt, but he's had his share of calamities and he was absolutely raped by Haaland at the Emirates last year. Saliba, in contrast, had him in his pocket although admittedly it was the CS.

Not sure how anyone can complain too much about White being selected over Gabriel, there's not much in it and personally I prefer White. With Zinny not fit and Arteta wanting a midfielder at FB, Partey moving there and White going inside makes sense. As some have pointed out, when Zinny is fit I fully expect him to be back in the team and White to move to RB with Gabriel recalled.

Much ado about nowt imo
    We've all seen White at CB already in his first season for us. He's not even close to the level of Big Gabby played there. People seem to forget how we conceded more that season than the previous one when David Luiz was played there. Personally i don't think he's a better right back than Tomiyasu either but, with the system we do play with the rb tucking into midfield and playing as an extra midfielder he is the best player we have for that. Why Arteta is fcuking about with this is beyond me.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    We've all seen White at CB already in his first season for us. He's not even close to the level of Big Gabby played there. People seem to forget how we conceded more that season than the previous one when David Luiz was played there. Personally i don't think he's a better right back than Tomiyasu either but, with the system we do play with the rb tucking into midfield and playing as an extra midfielder he is the best player we have for that. Why Arteta is fcuking about with this is beyond me.
    This is nonsense, I'm afraid, AAR. Watch the City game again, he looked terrified and out of his depth.

This is nonsense, I'm afraid, AAR. Watch the City game again, he looked terrified and out of his depth.
    Absolute nonsense WES. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Absolute nonsense WES. Well done
    He was very, very lucky not to be sent off, Luis. Haaland tore him apart. One game however.

As I said, he's a good player. It's the idea that he's miles better than White that I object to.

He was very, very lucky not to be sent off, Luis. Haaland tore him apart. One game however.

As I said, he's a good player. It's the idea that he's miles better than White that I object to.
    The latter point is valid, I agree (more that I rate White very highly though, than dislike Gabriel). Not so sure about the first - I recall worse performances that night, but, ahem, my memory may be a bit hazy

[QUOTE=WES;4272620]Amazing how good the players who aren't in the team are some times eh GG.

And to throw in a curveball on that basis.
    Trusty looked farkin immense at CB in the pre season friendly Vs MLS all stars. The lad didn’t put a foot wrong.

We’ve just flogged him to Sheffield for 5M