Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do hope this ESR to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You think you could do a job in the PL Peter?

Wow, your body shape must have changed quite a bit from all those years ago I met you in the Woodbine.
    It has actually

But I'm old now. When you add that to being pretty **** at football it isn't overly surprising that I am not the subject of 'advanced talks'

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    stuff, is just usual transfer nonsense.

I don't want him to leave as I still think he has plenty to offer and I certainly don't want him going to Chelsea!
    He went into a steep, pecking order decline more or less from the time we signed Odegaard iirc. The injuries haven’t helped but he looked razor sharp pre season. Arteta doesn’t seem to fancy him but it’s difficult to square the circle of benching him while lobbing out 65m for Havertz at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It has actually

But I'm old now. When you add that to being pretty **** at football it isn't overly surprising that I am not the subject of 'advanced talks'
    Token "the GLW could have done better than Williant or Pépé" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    He went into a steep, pecking order decline more or less from the time we signed Odegaard iirc. The injuries haven’t helped but he looked razor sharp pre season. Arteta doesn’t seem to fancy him but it’s difficult to square the circle of benching him while lobbing out 65m for Havertz at this stage.
    Not really - he played his best season (33 games, 10 goals) alongside Odegaard so definitely nothing to do with him. He was unfortunate the his fitness problems probably coincided with Martilnelli nailing down the left wing role

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not really - he played his best season (33 games, 10 goals) alongside Odegaard so definitely nothing to do with him. He was unfortunate the his fitness problems probably coincided with Martilnelli nailing down the left wing role
    You’re probably right with the left winger aspect, although ESR could adapt to other roles in midfield. Vieira came off the bench to showcase his talent to full effect in the second half which won’t have made ESR’s life any easier .
    Loan spell to Palace imo

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'd play him a similar position to Havertz. Give the German lad a match off

Havertz has looked extremely low on confidence since (and including) the Community Shield. I would withdraw him for now. I think it could be a while before we see the best of him.

I'd give him several off, tbf.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'd give him several off, tbf.
    I'd certainly pull him out of the PL team, just play him in the Couldn'tcare Cup

I'd certainly pull him out of the PL team, just play him in the Couldn'tcare Cup
    He was pretty **** on Saturday. Still, he wasn't alone in that respect.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”