Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trossard starts at No9

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Don't.

I like Jakob. I think he could be really good, and playing him at LB meant it was easy to bring on Zinny and get to having the FBs where they should be - Zinny LB, Ben RB.

But would Gabby have done any worse clearing that corner? And would he have done better with the chance from the corner at the other end just before the final whistle?
    We arguably had the best cb pairing in World football in Big Gabby and Saliba. When they played we lead the best league in the World for the entire season until one was injured. And we lead the best league keeping City below us. Probably the best team ever assembled ever. Absolute down syndrome tactics this. Mental, like proper mental.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    We arguably had the best cb pairing in World football in Big Gabby and Saliba. When they played we lead the best league in the World for the entire season until one was injured. And we lead the best league keeping City below us. Probably the best team ever assembled ever. Absolute down syndrome tactics this. Mental, like proper mental.
    Couldn't agree more.

I think he was playing BW and Saliba so we had the best ball playing CHs, but it's insane to break up the Gabby-Willy and BW-Saka axes.

I assume that Timber was the plan to cover for Zinny and also RB/CH. But if he's out then we can't continue like this given Zinny's injury record.

We need to get back to last season's back 4, and if Zinny is injured then we find an alternative to Timber who can play inverted LB, so we don't move BW or Big Gabby.

I don't see why Rice couldn't play the Zinny role with TP5 where he was last season if Zinny's out.

Dec can defend better than Zinny. Many wingers cut inside so being right-footed isn't a prob - cf Tommi vs the Scousers last season. And Dec's got a bright enough football brainto play that role and get the best out of Gabby on the wing.

Fabio was great today. I wanna know if ESR is gonna play soon. But I don't see how Kai will learn to play this role if he's not on the pitch, but if Fabio's doing better, he has to start.

I'd hate all those Kai-haters who said he'd be a waste of money for us to be proved right. But nice to see Fabio step up.

Also, MA should have kept faith with Eddie. Great finish. He may have missed one good chance and hit the post with another last week, but a goal scored or a pen won in each game is fine. And if Eddie had started, we'd still have had Leo as an option to bring on.

I'm really peeved about today. We need to put City under pressure if we're to have any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Didn't deserve to win. 3 shocking line ups in a row for Arteta. We were lucky to get away with 6 points from the first two games. Not surprisingly we looked far, far better when he put some of the players in their correct positions when chasing the game deep into the second half.
    Stop talking sh1t AAR. We dominated Forest and we’re in complete control away to Palace until that idiot ref sent Tomi off. And we should have won Saturday, 19 shots, 11 on target and two moments of madness resulting in goals conceded.

White is a better CB than Gabriel that’s why he’s playing. And you will have noted I’m sure that Viera won a pen and assisted on Eddie’s goal - two players you have continually questioned.

Suggest you leave the team selection to Arteta and stop posting crap.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Stop talking sh1t AAR. We dominated Forest and we’re in complete control away to Palace until that idiot ref sent Tomi off. And we should have won Saturday, 19 shots, 11 on target and two moments of madness resulting in goals conceded.

White is a better CB than Gabriel that’s why he’s playing. And you will have noted I’m sure that Viera won a pen and assisted on Eddie’s goal - two players you have continually questioned.

Suggest you leave the team selection to Arteta and stop posting crap.
    I've always been a fan of both Fabio and Eddie, Wes.

But while BW-Saliba may be the best ball playing CB pairing we've ever had, it ignores the following:

1. BW at RB played a large role for us last season with the Saka-Ødin axis.

2. Gabby and Saliba complement each other.

3. Gabby also scores a lot of goals from corners for a CH. Very useful.

Last season we led the league with Zin-Gab-Wil-Ben at the back. If it ain't broke....

I guess the plan was that Timber could cover for any of them, or at least 3 of them, like a posh Tommi, with Jakob as the alternative LCH.

But while Fabio played a large role when he came on, it was Zinny with BW moving to RB that made the most difference.

My favourite goal for a long time, that; Eddie looked like Romario there. Even Alan Smith would've been proud of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Now Fabio for Eddie. THANK GANPATI FOR THAT.

Now please, Ganesha, make sure the Arsenal don't concede another goal today.

JAI SHREE GANESHA.

���� ��❤️��
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    My favourite goal for a long time, that; Eddie looked like Romario there. Even Alan Smith would've been proud of that one.
    I like the one he scored against West Ham last year where he turned the defender. Niall Quinn would have been proud of that one