Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tierney gone.

Clearly Arteta doesn't think he can trust Tierney as an inverted full back or the left centre half in the three and doesn't even see value in having an overlapping full back as an option on the bench. He has already used Timber and Tomiyasu ahead of him this season. If he isnt going to use him then there is little point in him staying and we wont be missing much.

However, I agree that this and losing Timber leaves us very short, shorter even than last season. I would like to think he will be bringing someone in before the deadline. We have finished the last two seasons down to the bare bones of our defensive cover and it has cost us both times. It will again if we do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Clearly Arteta doesn't think he can trust Tierney as an inverted full back or the left centre half in the three and doesn't even see value in having an overlapping full back as an option on the bench. He has already used Timber and Tomiyasu ahead of him this season. If he isnt going to use him then there is little point in him staying and we wont be missing much.

However, I agree that this and losing Timber leaves us very short, shorter even than last season. I would like to think he will be bringing someone in before the deadline. We have finished the last two seasons down to the bare bones of our defensive cover and it has cost us both times. It will again if we do nothing.
    Exactly. With both Dec and Jorgy, TP5 gives us an inverted RB option. But we needed another body and the Timber injury screws everything up.

I'm gutted because I wanted to see what this team could do with Timber. I was actually happy with our squad before his injury. KT played 20-30 games last season, and if he goes then we're weaker than we were given JT's injury.

Agree re Timber. Would have given us so many options.

I can only assume we are either bringiing someone in once we have sold Balogun, or Arteta is planning to use a young player.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We're about to get £45m for a striker that's had one okay season in Ligue 1
    We paid £72m for an attacker with similar stats there. Just saying like.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agree re Timber. Would have given us so many options.

I can only assume we are either bringiing someone in once we have sold Balogun, or Arteta is planning to use a young player.
    Have the numbers changed that much though? Sure Tierney is gone but he was an Arsenal player on paper only for Arteta the previous year. He just hates actual left backs for some reason. Timber is out for the season but Partey will probably play right back a lot now with us having Rice and Jorginho for the defenisive midfield role. Then there's that Polish lad that Arteta likes at left back. Plus Tommi missed a lot of last season so you'd hope we can get a heap of games out of him. One of our very promosing left footed under 18 players might even shock us in that left back role too. So I think we're fine with our back line as it is at least until january. And that even includes booting out Holding and Cedric. Although with Timber's injury Cedric's value might have actually gone up. From probably having to pay him to leave to, hmmm, he might be decent enough to keep in the reserves incase we lose another 3 defenders during the season.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM