Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tierney gone.

Tierney gone.

Loaned to Sociedad with no buy on clause.
    Help me out here ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Help me out here ?
    At least we didn't sell to a rival.

but otherwise

Help me out here ?
    He gets to play regularly, plays well, someone notices and offers to buy him at a price we like?

Really, he's too injury prone. He's a top player but we can't rely on players who will face multiple periods out through injuries. That's my guess as to why Arteta isn't keen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Really, he's too injury prone. He's a top player but we can't rely on players who will face multiple periods out through injuries. That's my guess as to why Arteta isn't keen.
    He's very highly regarded by some shouty type youtubers. But I never understood the whole he should be captain thing as he had a tesco bag.

He did start quite vocal and I do like him but then I found he seemed a quiet figure who ended up on the floor a lot.

He also doesn't fit Arteta's system and possibly any of the way the top clubs are trying to play at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    At least we didn't sell to a rival.

but otherwise
    I think I was more concerned we couldn’t sell him for a reasonable fee. He is, after all a pretty decent LB. Thought he’d have been snapped up.
    We can’t seem to attract offers for players like Tierney & Holding, while Chelsea put an absolute donkey like challobah on the market for £40m

If we're loaning an injury prone player out with no guarantee in his contract that he signs permentally then that's just mental quite frankly. I sense another 40m rated player we're going to struggle to give away for free in a year or two. It's definitely Arteta's biggest weakness. I've never known a manager who utterly tanks so many players value. He's lucky the owners turn a blind eye to it. Most managers have to balance the books and manage the squad. Same thing with ESR. Was one of the hottest young players in the game and then just needlessly signed Vieira to put in his way. I'm quite happy the Raphinha deal never happened. He would have been another one pointlessly blocking Martineli.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    If we're loaning an injury prone player out with no guarantee in his contract that he signs permentally then that's just mental quite frankly. I sense another 40m rated player we're going to struggle to give away for free in a year or two. It's definitely Arteta's biggest weakness. I've never known a manager who utterly tanks so many players value. He's lucky the owners turn a blind eye to it. Most managers have to balance the books and manage the squad. Same thing with ESR. Was one of the hottest young players in the game and then just needlessly signed Vieira to put in his way. I'm quite happy the Raphinha deal never happened. He would have been another one pointlessly blocking Martineli.
    We're about to get £45m for a striker that's had one okay season in Ligue 1

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We're about to get £45m for a striker that's had one okay season in Ligue 1
    at the same time what would Eddie be valued at?

Help me out here ?
    Last year - like the one before - we lost out because of dead FBs in the run in. So we bought Timber who's now out all season. And yet will give away KT. Which means we're worse off than before.

KT could also play CH, so if we didn't have Zinny, we could play TP as the inverted RB, with KT a LCH in a back 3. This seems silly to me.