Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do players put the ball on the very outside edge when taking a corner

why do players put the ball on the very outside edge when taking a corner

I can't see how that really helps in anyway.

I know on occassion when there is a corner on opposite side to the linesman it's often not touching.
    Could a goal be ruled out by VAR if that was the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I know on occassion when there is a corner on opposite side to the linesman it's often not touching.
    I don't see the point either.

No, as the linesman/ref should spot it, same as a free kick taken in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I don't see the point either.

No, as the linesman/ref should spot it, same as a free kick taken in the wrong place.
    That being said I have the impression we are crap from corners but scored the most from corners last season in the league

That being said I have the impression we are crap from corners but scored the most from corners last season in the league
    Thought the delivery was generally very good last night, both teams defended corners well. Did well to catch them napping for the free kick. No way did Partey do enough for that to be a foul, no matter what Woy thinks

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Thought the delivery was generally very good last night, both teams defended corners well. Did well to catch them napping for the free kick. No way did Partey do enough for that to be a foul, no matter what Woy thinks

Player meant to be picking up Eddie got caught napping, was two steps behind, felt a bit of contact with Partey and threw himself to the ground.

Carragher was clear that Tomi's was a clear second yellow and red. I hate the Scouse c@nt.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Player meant to be picking up Eddie got caught napping, was two steps behind, felt a bit of contact with Partey and threw himself to the ground.

Carragher was clear that Tomi's was a clear second yellow and red. I hate the Scouse c@nt.
    Neville said there was a tug as well, clearly wasn't. No mention of Ayew not getting a 2nd yellow for pulling Saka down as he turned him

To me it was a simple error. If it had been a foul, it was a clear second yellow. Unfortunately, he didn't touch him but you can at least see where the ref was coming from.

I think sending off Ayew would have been very harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    To me it was a simple error. If it had been a foul, it was a clear second yellow. Unfortunately, he didn't touch him but you can at least see where the ref was coming from.

I think sending off Ayew would have been very harsh.
    Agreed but it was more of a yellow than Tomi's

The ball doesn't need to be touching the line, f. So long as its fat gut is over the line by a gnat's cock, it's in. Whole of the ball, whole of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The ball doesn't need to be touching the line, f. So long as its fat gut is over the line by a gnat's cock, it's in. Whole of the ball, whole of the line.
    Can't remember who but one our chaps pushed the ball down the line and the lino clearly guessed that the ball went out as no way he could have seen as player obstructed his view. The ball was clearly still in play