Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am not too concerned about a pre season friendly defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    CHAMAKH?!?!??! Never have I despised an Arsenal player more.
    just because he had **** jeans?

Chamakh was a sh1t**** all right, but he was no Aaron Ramsey

He scored twice when we won 7-5 from 4-0 down.

What did Gervinho ever do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He scored twice when we won 7-5 from 4-0 down.

What did Gervinho ever do?
    I might be wrong but I thought Gervinho had a decent start to his first season. but not for long

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I might be wrong but I thought Gervinho had a decent start to his first season. but not for long
    Gervinho too was underrated. The fella knew how to get on the ball and find space. Seemed to always have about 100 ball involements a half. He always looked like he had the ability to really explode on to another higher level. His problem was once he got into dangerous positions his end product just wasn't there. He always reminded me at his best of young Terrence's first couple of months for The Arsenal. Only Gervinho just didn't kick on from that.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Strikers; tricky fellows, those.

Especially academy ones.

Same at every big club; supporters will ALWAYS believe they can afford to buy better. And all to often, the club agrees

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    But we need a striker.

In other words not Eddie. and a I do like Mr Jesus but he does seem to have a habit of falling down constantly looking for free kicks and pens and it's getting annoying.

other notes: one of these days the other teams are going to break Saka
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Especially academy ones.

Same at every big club; supporters will ALWAYS believe they can afford to buy better. And all to often, the club agrees
    When was the last time a striker from our academy became a regular starter for us? Super Kevin Campbell? Or Merse if you go by most recent to play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    When was the last time a striker from our academy became a regular starter for us? Super Kevin Campbell? Or Merse if you go by most recent to play for us?
    Bendtner. You might say he was poached from a foreign academy but Eddie himself joined us pretty late into his youth career from Chelsea. Ironically Chelsea released him and Declan Rice at the same time.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Bendtner. You might say he was poached from a foreign academy but Eddie himself joined us pretty late into his youth career from Chelsea. Ironically Chelsea released him and Declan Rice at the same time.
    Fair play. I don't really count him, though. That was just signing a great teenager like Gabby M2. Dunno if I'd really count Cesc. Both were signed knowing they'd send up in the first team. That's not the same with Eddie. Which is sort of shown by the fact that the Chavs let him go while Barca were fuming about Cesc. But all right, I'll give you NB52.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Same day wasn't it - good work there