Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am not too concerned about a pre season friendly defeat.

I am not too concerned about a pre season friendly defeat.

But we need a striker.

In other words not Eddie. and a I do like Mr Jesus but he does seem to have a habit of falling down constantly looking for free kicks and pens and it's getting annoying.

other notes: one of these days the other teams are going to break Saka

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    But we need a striker.

In other words not Eddie. and a I do like Mr Jesus but he does seem to have a habit of falling down constantly looking for free kicks and pens and it's getting annoying.

Preseason has been hyped up in recent times but it's still about building fitness more than anything.

I do worry we're going to miss Xhaka, not just on the pitch but as a leader in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Preseason has been hyped up in recent times but it's still about building fitness more than anything.

I do worry we're going to miss Xhaka, not just on the pitch but as a leader in the dressing room.
    I am not so keen on playing rivals in pre season. I thought the tackles on saka and odegaard were a bit too much.

However I agree on Xhaka we need a new policeman on the pitch. I noticed last season we didn’t tend to get bullied like before. So hope this doesn’t creep in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    But we need a striker.

I don’t really understand the persistence with Nketiah. He never really established himself at any loan club, at least Patino achieved hero status at Blackpool. The decision to reward him with a 100k per week contract, following a bright spell in a few games is baffling. Who’s going to take him off our hands at those wages ?
    I fear we’re stuck him. Balogun’s days look numbered but at least he’s likely to command a far higher sell on figure, although it’ll be interesting to see who comes in for him. He’d be a very decent punt for a club like West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I don’t really understand the persistence with Nketiah. He never really established himself at any loan club, at least Patino achieved hero status at Blackpool. The decision to reward him with a 100k per week contract, following a bright spell in a few games is baffling. Who’s going to take him off our hands at those wages ?
    I fear we’re stuck him. Balogun’s days look numbered but at least he’s likely to command a far higher sell on figure, although it’ll be interesting to see who comes in for him. He’d be a very decent punt for a club like West Ham.
    He went on loan once at a club that was doing all right but Nketiah didn't really fit Bielsa's philosophy. Patino went on loan and did "well" for a club that got relegated. Odd comparison to make really. Difficult to get players who are happy to sit on the bench but are able to make an impact when needed. The way he came in and covered for Jesus was incredible - worth paying over the odds for. Not saying it's best in the long run. Balogun does appear to be a whiny little **** who isn't prepared to fight for his place (see also giving up on England to play for the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He went on loan once at a club that was doing all right but Nketiah didn't really fit Bielsa's philosophy. Patino went on loan and did "well" for a club that got relegated. Odd comparison to make really. Difficult to get players who are happy to sit on the bench but are able to make an impact when needed. The way he came in and covered for Jesus was incredible - worth paying over the odds for. Not saying it's best in the long run. Balogun does appear to be a whiny little **** who isn't prepared to fight for his place (see also giving up on England to play for the US)
    I’m indifferent towards Balogun but have to acknowledge what he achieved in France. It’s clearly put him firmly in the transfer window. and, to be fair to the lad, why should he now accept his career going into reverse by warming the bench.
    There’s a real opportunity for any player to take on that 9 shirt at Arsenal, it’s obviously beyond Nketiah but it depends if Arteta sees enough in Balogun to allow him a run at it,

I’m indifferent towards Balogun but have to acknowledge what he achieved in France. It’s clearly put him firmly in the transfer window. and, to be fair to the lad, why should he now accept his career going into reverse by warming the bench.
    There’s a real opportunity for any player to take on that 9 shirt at Arsenal, it’s obviously beyond Nketiah but it depends if Arteta sees enough in Balogun to allow him a run at it,
    Farmer's league

Farmer's league
    Perhaps not as good as the PL but you can only react to what’s put infront of you and all that. I wouldn’t hang the guy for choosing the US either, it’s not as if he’s going to displace Kane, is it ?
    Take your opportunities. He took them 🤷*♀️

Perhaps not as good as the PL but you can only react to what’s put infront of you and all that. I wouldn’t hang the guy for choosing the US either, it’s not as if he’s going to displace Kane, is it ?
    Take your opportunities. He took them 🤷*♀️
    Kane has what 2 or 3 years left as top dog with currently no obvious successor. Balogun needs to prove himself in the PL and could easily have put himself in pole position. Looks to just want an easy ride, imo

Kane has what 2 or 3 years left as top dog with currently no obvious successor. Balogun needs to prove himself in the PL and could easily have put himself in pole position. Looks to just want an easy ride, imo
    You may be right but apathy at that age is a rare thing, perhaps he’s just hungry to make his mark with no affiliation to how he achieves that goal. We expect loyalty as fans but many players don’t choose that path. I still think there are many ahead of him in the queue behind Kane. Toney for one, if he can stay away from the bookies.