Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So is that it then? Incomings transfers all completed

So is that it then? Incomings transfers all completed

before we go to our overseas training thingy?

No desperate final bids in a panic during the last two weeks of August? No waiting to see which French player who is willing to join us will be our final signing? No taking whatever we can get for the players we need to sell to raise funds for that last second buy? Completing all our purchases in time to integrate them into the team for the first match of the season? Forcing other teams to pay what we want because we have no real need to sell as our business is done?

Doesn't even seem like a proper transfer window imo.

I think Partey will go and we will get one more midfield in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think Partey will go and we will get one more midfield in.
    This. And possibly a cheap punt on a youngish chap from the Brazilian league. Possibly that could be the Partey replacement too. Supposing this scenario plays out I'm still not convinced we're stronger than last season.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    before we go to our overseas training thingy?

No desperate final bids in a panic during the last two weeks of August? No waiting to see which French player who is willing to join us will be our final signing? No taking whatever we can get for the players we need to sell to raise funds for that last second buy? Completing all our purchases in time to integrate them into the team for the first match of the season? Forcing other teams to pay what we want because we have no real need to sell as our business is done?

Doesn't even seem like a proper transfer window imo.
    Nelson, apparently injured in that friendly game......so some things don't change

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    This. And possibly a cheap punt on a youngish chap from the Brazilian league. Possibly that could be the Partey replacement too. Supposing this scenario plays out I'm still not convinced we're stronger than last season.
    We don't have to be much stronger, only a bit stronger. But we need to be much deeper. And I think we are.

Saliba doesn't get hurt we win the league imo.

Maybe we are looking at it wrong. Maybe Rice is Party's replacement and Havertz is the new Xhaka.
    Interested to see what Arteta has in mind.

If Partey does leave. (I don't really want him too) I hope it's done soon. But clearly something is going on with him

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    We don't have to be much stronger, only a bit stronger. But we need to be much deeper. And I think we are.

Saliba doesn't get hurt we win the league imo.
    With this Dutch fella coming in I suspect he'll manily be used as a right back. Probably Ben White will still be starting. But now if Saliba is out i reckon we'll just move White to CB so, although he's nowhere near as good as Saliba at CB he can at least play the ball playing cb role well. Something Holding was incapable of doing. The Dutch lad will also be a useful sub to bring on for White around the 70 min mark too at RB depending how the game is going.

With this Dutch fella coming in I suspect he'll manily be used as a right back. Probably Ben White will still be starting. But now if Saliba is out i reckon we'll just move White to CB so, although he's nowhere near as good as Saliba at CB he can at least play the ball playing cb role well. Something Holding was incapable of doing. The Dutch lad will also be a useful sub to bring on for White around the 70 min mark too at RB depending how the game is going.
    As far as I can tell a second 11 would be

Turner
    Tomi White Kiwior Tierney
    Vieira Partey/Jorginho ESR
    Trossard Eddie Nelson

Not bad, although maybe light one player in midfield and up front

Since the beginning of last season we have added Trossard, Jorginho, Kiwior, Havertz, Timber and Rice, with the only significant outgoing being Xhaka and you don't think we are stronger? Blimey

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Since the beginning of last season we have added Trossard, Jorginho, Kiwior, Havertz, Timber and Rice, with the only significant outgoing being Xhaka and you don't think we are stronger? Blimey
    I suspect all of Tierney, Partey and Xhaka (and erm Lonkonga) will have basically been replaced With

Kiwior as a ball playing cb used as a left back in the Arteta system where he tucks in. I wouldn't be getting rid of Tierney in a million years but Arteta just doesn't want him in his system.

Rice coming in for Partey. Rice is a great player but he just wasn't better than Partey last season. I get it he has to go because of his sex life though.

Havertz has basically come to take Xhaka's spot. He may well match or better Xhaka's very good goals and assists stats from last season but i just can't see how he's going to be better with anything else. This looks a massive gamble we've taken. Certain games (if not all of them) i'd probably prefer Zinchenko in that position.

Our young great players can all go up a gear too of course. But whether we're going to improve on last season's performances will probably come down to whether Havertz can hit the ground running and naill his starting spot.