Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maiden tonight, in the Dam.

Maiden tonight, in the Dam.

When Marvin Gaye met his untimely demise, my big brother told me you always have to catch the greats, the legends, as many times as you can, while you can. Sound advises, imo; seeing this lot three times this month.

Up the Irons!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    When Marvin Gaye met his untimely demise, my big brother told me you always have to catch the greats, the legends, as many times as you can, while you can. Sound advises, imo; seeing this lot three times this month.

Up the Irons!
    Bruce is one of the all-time great frontmen. Saw them here a couple of years back. One of the best I've ever seen. They also do good beer

Yep. Always been my favourite band. And one of the very best of Britain; After The Beatles, The Stones, The Who (all slightly before my time) it's Iron Maiden. In fact, their longevity puts them up there with all those others.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bruce is one of the all-time great frontmen. Saw them here a couple of years back. One of the best I've ever seen. They also do good beer
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yep. Always been my favourite band. And one of the very best of Britain; After The Beatles, The Stones, The Who (all slightly before my time) it's Iron Maiden. In fact, their longevity puts them up there with all those others.
    There’s a distinct lack of metal amongst today’s youth. I often wonder what todays Physics & Pure Maths kids listen to in the sixth form common rooms ?

Chap knows which end of an aeroplane points forwards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This is also true - not bad for a boy from Worksop

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    There’s a distinct lack of metal amongst today’s youth. I often wonder what todays Physics & Pure Maths kids listen to in the sixth form common rooms ?
    Plenty of it around if you know where to look. I went to see an Icelandic death metal band recently (only because my mate's nephew was in the band tbf - but they were quite good, and there was a decent crowd in

Indeed.

Actually, talk about "through the looking-glass"; in the middle of tennis current Iron Maiden tour he turns up at EGVN the other night. Apparently they're putting one of their old mumbo-jumbo fleets out to pasture and had put on a bit of a knife and fork dinner-dance to celebrate. They had hired a Maiden tribute band to assist the evening's festivities and Lord Bruce of Dickinson only got up and sang for them! What a man, what a hero. That's the stuff that wins world wars, gents!

Shame I missed it; that's just up the road from my manor.

https://youtu.be/aISf29WCMbA

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Plenty of it around if you know where to look. I went to see an Icelandic death metal band recently (only because my mate's nephew was in the band tbf - but they were quite good, and there was a decent crowd in
    Yes.. but I feel your comment .. If you know where to look, sort of makes my point.

Plenty of youngsters there last night. And on a school nigh too, for all love! Though I was reminded that's it's actually summer hols just now, hence the attendance of two of my own boys.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post