Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xhaka gone

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    O'Driscoll gone.
    Lovely chap. Had a long chat with him after playing Everton at Goodison.

United, of all ****ing teams
    Last edited by PSRB; 07-07-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Oh, I’m indifferent in terms of Elneny. No problem with him staying. Just saying he’s very much part of the beige army. Every club has them, except for City, obviously.
    Mo'd been getting better the last two seasons. His forward passing had really improved. I remember one gorgeous diagonal for Eddie which he sadly put wide.

I know we're supposed to be getting Timber, but had he been fit when Saliba, Tommi and Zinny were all out last year, then I'd have been happy trying KT at LB {cos he can play LCH in a back 3, and could just get forward occasionally like BW does} with Mô as inverted RB and TP5 next to him but getting forward a bit more than usual.

I think he's a good squad player - the trouble with the young squad players is they don't play enough to progress. Nuno then Sambi dropped off from not playing. We need to find a way of getting Fabio more involved as that boy has real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Mo'd been getting better the last two seasons. His forward passing had really improved. I remember one gorgeous diagonal for Eddie which he sadly put wide.

I know we're supposed to be getting Timber, but had he been fit when Saliba, Tommi and Zinny were all out last year, then I'd have been happy trying KT at LB {cos he can play LCH in a back 3, and could just get forward occasionally like BW does} with Mô as inverted RB and TP5 next to him but getting forward a bit more than usual.

I think he's a good squad player - the trouble with the young squad players is they don't play enough to progress. Nuno then Sambi dropped off from not playing. We need to find a way of getting Fabio more involved as that boy has real talent.
    Mikey needs to be braver with his rotation / substitutions.

Always loved Xhaka because he annoyed the right people

Probably. And what do Basques know about rugby anyhow.

End of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Too much of a rugby man for Mikel
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Mikey needs to be braver with his rotation / substitutions.
    We need attacking plan Bs.

We now have shutting up shop options. Before, it was just bring on Rob Holding for an extra CH. Now we can bring Jorgy on to replace Ødin {or whoever's gonna replace Granit.} Also bring on Tommi/KT for a winger.

But we still don't have any options for going more attacking. He'll just try someone else out in our standard formation, but we don't have the AW way of just chucking on more forwards until we win. Skilltord for Freddie, Kanu for a MF.

We need something like Eddie at CF, Jesus at RW, Saka at RB for example, with Jesus being able to switch positions with both of those so the oppo defenders don't know who to mark.

Or maybe ESR/Fabio to replace Zinny. Or RN or ESR or Leo to replace Zinny and play as an AW-style normal attacking non-inverted LB, with an inverted RB replacing BW. Partey or a new MFer who replaces him in the squad.

We need a way of throwing on more attackers 'till we score the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We need attacking plan Bs.

We now have shutting up shop options. Before, it was just bring on Rob Holding for an extra CH. Now we can bring Jorgy on to replace Ødin {or whoever's gonna replace Granit.} Also bring on Tommi/KT for a winger.

But we still don't have any options for going more attacking. He'll just try someone else out in our standard formation, but we don't have the AW way of just chucking on more forwards until we win. Skilltord for Freddie, Kanu for a MF.

We need something like Eddie at CF, Jesus at RW, Saka at RB for example, with Jesus being able to switch positions with both of those so the oppo defenders don't know who to mark.

Or maybe ESR/Fabio to replace Zinny. Or RN or ESR or Leo to replace Zinny and play as an AW-style normal attacking non-inverted LB, with an inverted RB replacing BW. Partey or a new MFer who replaces him in the squad.

We need a way of throwing on more attackers 'till we score the winner.
    KT is gone this window 100% The Polish lad will take up KT's role in the squad. Although he'll be more what Arteta wants in there. A ball playing CB with a left foot. Zinchenko will be the number 10 played in there that Arteta likes in that position. Then the big Japan man is technically our best defensive left back in that position. There's simply no room for KT any more.

Right back. White/Tommi/Dutch fella is more than enough.

CB Saliba/Big Gab/Tommi/Polish lad/ dutch fella

Left back. Zinchenko/ Tommi/ Polish Lad.

Note# The Big Jap is arguably our best defender in a few positions but isn't guaranteed a start. This could be a problem down the line. He'd be first choice CB/RB at several of our CL rivals. We must keep him.

We've more attacking options than people think. Look at Reiss Nelson. people are only really thinking of him as a dribbling winger. He has more than that when we need him. Wender even used him as a teen as a full back in a back 5 who could bomb forward at will.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM