Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Selling TP and GX for 30 mil combined is insane.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Hang on. Who's trusty?

I think Sambi should be worth a lot more than that. There's a good player in there somewhere. Capt of Anderlecht when we bought him at 22.

Trouble is that he's a normal MF. So he doesn't really play that left 8 role GX was playing. {And we have ESR, Fabio and now Kai who can play there.}

So in Europe last season, MA ended up trying him as a DM. I remember him getting caught out of position once, but other than that, he looked decent, but was learning on the job.

In a conventional 3-man MF - i.e. 4, 8, 10 or two box-to-box and one 10 - he could be decent. We thought we'd got a bargain in his first half-season when he was playing.

If the choice was only 5 mil, I'd rather loan him to a team where he'll start every week and then see what he's worth at the end of the season.

Some mid-table prem teams would love to have a MF of him, Gwendo and Torriera.
    Trusty. CB, 6'4 pacey big black lad. Loaned out to Birmingham last year and was their player of the season. Full Yank international now too. Oh and left footed. He'll be an easy sell with that profile.

I can't see Sambi bringing in anywhere close to £10m. Looked out of his depth in the UEFA cup. Not to mention had a cruiciate injury before joining the Arsenal. I'd say Gwendo and Torriera were massive levels above Sambi. They fall into the Tierney bracket. Where it doesn't matter how well they performed when played, Arteta just doesn't rate them. It's been Arteta's biggest flaw since being here. Completely devaluing certain players that looked potential World beaters.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Trusty. CB, 6'4 pacey big black lad. Loaned out to Birmingham last year and was their player of the season. Full Yank international now too. Oh and left footed. He'll be an easy sell with that profile.

I can't see Sambi bringing in anywhere close to £10m. Looked out of his depth in the UEFA cup. Not to mention had a cruiciate injury before joining the Arsenal. I'd say Gwendo and Torriera were massive levels above Sambi. They fall into the Tierney bracket. Where it doesn't matter how well they performed when played, Arteta just doesn't rate them. It's been Arteta's biggest flaw since being here. Completely devaluing certain players that looked potential World beaters.
    The worst was Dick Emery, though. We'd waited ages to get a DM - since we dropped Coq for Granit which is when things started to go wrong. We then get LT11 but Dick plays him as a no.10 so he can press further up. WT literal F?

Still think there could be a good player in Sambi, though.

Looking like we're getting £21m for GX, good business.