Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling TP and GX for 30 mil combined is insane.

Selling TP and GX for 30 mil combined is insane.

2 experienced CMs who got us to 2nd in the table, playing well and playing all the time, is just silly.

They're about 30 years old, no? Leo Trossard was 28 and we paid £30m, I think. {And he was a bargain for that price.}

Jorgy was 32 and he cost us £12m. And he was 2nd choice for Partey, so how can a TP5 who's two years younger and considered the better player be sold for roughly the same price?

If we kept both, we'd actually have some decent squad players that then start to rival City. Apparently, their wage bill is like having an extra 11 players on 200k p/w compared to us. For a 50k seater stadium in some northern slum. I want us to keep both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    If we kept both, we'd actually have some decent squad players that then start to rival City. Apparently, their wage bill is like having an extra 11 players on 200k p/w compared to us. For a 50k seater stadium in some northern slum. I want us to keep both.
    I have a feeling there has been an agreement to let GX34 leave, probably from when MA8 convinced him to stay.

There's something fishy about letting a recent £50m purchased player leave on the cheap. TP5 had a decent start to last season and was sometimes unplayable, but form fell off a cliff towards the end. Maybe he is a wrong-un
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Maybe. But he's OUR wrong-un

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I have a feeling there has been an agreement to let GX34 leave, probably from when MA8 convinced him to stay.

There's something fishy about letting a recent £50m purchased player leave on the cheap. TP5 had a decent start to last season and was sometimes unplayable, but form fell off a cliff towards the end. Maybe he is a wrong-un
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I'd imagine knocking £350'000 a week in wages off the books is playing a big part in this. Although i still don't like it. Sending Partey to some extremist Muslim Country I get. He'll be a hero for his sex life over there. We'll probably be looking at some more wonga coming in too.

Tierney £25m. I don't like the idea of selling him but clearly the manager doesn't rate him.
    Balogun or Eddie. £35m
    Holding. 10m
    Pepe. £5m
    Tavares £8m
    Cedric Free
    Trusty £10m
    Lonkonga £5m
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I'd imagine knocking £350'000 a week in wages off the books is playing a big part in this. Although i still don't like it. Sending Partey to some extremist Muslim Country I get. He'll be a hero for his sex life over there. We'll probably be looking at some more wonga coming in too.

Tierney £25m. I don't like the idea of selling him but clearly the manager doesn't rate him.
    Balogun or Eddie. £35m
    Holding. 10m
    Pepe. £5m
    Tavares £8m
    Cedric Free
    Trusty £10m
    Lonkonga £5m
    Pépé will have cost about £1m per game and £5m per goal on transfer fee alone. Plus wages.

I would like to see GX stay, especially if we're only going to get £13m. I'd also prefer to see KT and ESR still here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post

Balogun or Eddie. £35m
    Holding. 10m
    Pepe. £5m
    Tavares £8m
    Cedric Free
    Trusty £10m
    Lonkonga £5m
    Hang on. Who's trusty?

I think Sambi should be worth a lot more than that. There's a good player in there somewhere. Capt of Anderlecht when we bought him at 22.

Trouble is that he's a normal MF. So he doesn't really play that left 8 role GX was playing. {And we have ESR, Fabio and now Kai who can play there.}

So in Europe last season, MA ended up trying him as a DM. I remember him getting caught out of position once, but other than that, he looked decent, but was learning on the job.

In a conventional 3-man MF - i.e. 4, 8, 10 or two box-to-box and one 10 - he could be decent. We thought we'd got a bargain in his first half-season when he was playing.

If the choice was only 5 mil, I'd rather loan him to a team where he'll start every week and then see what he's worth at the end of the season.

Some mid-table prem teams would love to have a MF of him, Gwendo and Torriera.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Pépé will have cost about £1m per game and £5m per goal on transfer fee alone. Plus wages.

I would like to see GX stay, especially if we're only going to get £13m. I'd also prefer to see KT and ESR still here next season.
    Agree with all that. Like IUFG, I'm sure MA did a deal with him so he could leave, but after a season like that, 13 mil is far too cheap. You could get 3 seasons out of him in the prem, more in a European league. FFS we'd have won the league if we hadn't had those 3 draws in a row starting at Anfield. And he played every game.

Something like 16 goals+assists. And playing in a role where he's not the main man, there are 4 starry, creative goalscorers ahead of him to get the glory.

If 32 year old Jorgy was 12m, why do we sell 30 yr old TP5 for 17m? Jorgy was cover for TP, and GX would be great cover for Ødin or the new lad for the same money. GX could come on for one of them when we want to see a game out.

Yeah, I get the wages are probably the issue, but Ganpati willing, those two would have been easily able to see us through the group stages of the CL, or to cover against PL teams after a hard CL tie.

If Sambi's going, and with Mo injured, we shouldn't ditch those two or we remain light in MF if we get injuries. Buying Leo gave us some great bench cover for once. Him and ESR {plus Eddie and Fabio and RN} cover the front 4. Tommy, Kiwior, the new lad {if we get him} and KT {as it stands} cover the defence. I'm happy with all those players starting. But in MF, we only have Jorgy if we let them both go.

TP5 is also an option for an inverted RB {if Zinny was injured - could play Kiwior at LB} or as an option for L or R 8 when we want to close the game down.

And it's nice to have a bit of experienced aggression.

Basically, if we were financially doped like City, we'd just keep them until their contracts end. And I'd hate it if injuries in the run in hit us for the third season on the trot simply because we can't afford to cheat like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Hang on. Who's trusty?

I think Sambi should be worth a lot more than that. There's a good player in there somewhere. Capt of Anderlecht when we bought him at 22.

Trouble is that he's a normal MF. So he doesn't really play that left 8 role GX was playing. {And we have ESR, Fabio and now Kai who can play there.}

So in Europe last season, MA ended up trying him as a DM. I remember him getting caught out of position once, but other than that, he looked decent, but was learning on the job.

In a conventional 3-man MF - i.e. 4, 8, 10 or two box-to-box and one 10 - he could be decent. We thought we'd got a bargain in his first half-season when he was playing.

If the choice was only 5 mil, I'd rather loan him to a team where he'll start every week and then see what he's worth at the end of the season.

Some mid-table prem teams would love to have a MF of him, Gwendo and Torriera.
    Trusty. CB, 6'4 pacey big black lad. Loaned out to Birmingham last year and was their player of the season. Full Yank international now too. Oh and left footed. He'll be an easy sell with that profile.

I can't see Sambi bringing in anywhere close to £10m. Looked out of his depth in the UEFA cup. Not to mention had a cruiciate injury before joining the Arsenal. I'd say Gwendo and Torriera were massive levels above Sambi. They fall into the Tierney bracket. Where it doesn't matter how well they performed when played, Arteta just doesn't rate them. It's been Arteta's biggest flaw since being here. Completely devaluing certain players that looked potential World beaters.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

With this new Dutch chap coming in I think that means curtains for KT. It appears Zinchenko, Tomiyasu and the Polish Lad are all ahead of him at left back. White, Tommi and this new chap at right back and we look well stocked with Arteta ball style players. KT and Holding are surplus to requirements unfortunately. Not to mention there's not enough room now at the back to keep everybody happy. The back 4 should be stronger this year. I just hope something retarded like selling Tommi doesn't happen. I'd say there's an argument to be had that he's the best defender at the club. Plus he can play a bit too.

Hang on. Who's trusty?
    Trusty the Process innit.