Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The Rice situation reminds me of the Mudryk fiasco

The Rice situation reminds me of the Mudryk fiasco

Greedy little club trying to rinse the last drip from the transfer. (To be expected ). Arsenal conduct all the negotiations with fees, add-ons in a drawn out exhaustive process.
    City step out of the shadows having used us to finalise terms, carry out all of the counter bargaining etc…. and huzzah, gazump the deal.
    We all know how this plays out, we’ve been here before.

Anyway, we seem to be "eyeing" an awful lot of changes considering how well we did last season. Inevitable, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Greedy little club trying to rinse the last drip from the transfer. (To be expected ). Arsenal conduct all the negotiations with fees, add-ons in a drawn out exhaustive process.
    City step out of the shadows having used us to finalise terms, carry out all of the counter bargaining etc…. and huzzah, gazump the deal.
    We all know how this plays out, we’ve been here before.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I get the feeling the likes of ESR, Balogun, Elneny or Eddie will be used as part of the deal. If i was West Ham i'd be over the moon to get £80m plus for Rice, plus Elneny on a permanent and ESR on loan. I'd argue that would leave them in a very strong position. It's a deal that would be decent for us too. ESR needs games badly. He's good enough to start for 15 of the teams in the league. But is going to struggle for game time for us at the minute.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I get the feeling the likes of ESR, Balogun, Elneny or Eddie will be used as part of the deal. If i was West Ham i'd be over the moon to get £80m plus for Rice, plus Elneny on a permanent and ESR on loan. I'd argue that would leave them in a very strong position. It's a deal that would be decent for us too. ESR needs games badly. He's good enough to start for 15 of the teams in the league. But is going to struggle for game time for us at the minute.
    He's got the U21 Euros, hopefully that'll get him back up and running. I'd not be happy letting ESR go.

ESR to play in GX's place.

Then we'll have 7-8-9-10-11 of the W-M formation all in the right places. I'd love to see that for some reason.

But I think we're silly selling both GX and TP. We'll need at least 2 top drawer MFs.

I think we're insane selling GX for £13 mil. 16 goals+assists. If we were happy for pay £12m for Jorgy for 1.5-2.5 seasons, then keeping GX for two seasons and letting him leave on a free at the end is a bargain.

If GX had had the season he's just had at a different PL club and we could sign him on a 2 year deal for 13m, then we'd all be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He's got the U21 Euros, hopefully that'll get him back up and running. I'd not be happy letting ESR go.
    With the supposed Kai Havertz transfer where he'll probably take Granit's position that's yet another route to the first team blocked for ESR. In our current set up I think he's by far at his best playing the Martineli role. Unfortunately for ESR Trossard looks like a beast there and Reiss Nelson has forced himself into that position too. Those player's form keeping him out I get. Then there's Vieira....

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Then we'll have 7-8-9-10-11 of the W-M formation all in the right places. I'd love to see that for some reason.

But I think we're silly selling both GX and TP. We'll need at least 2 top drawer MFs.

I think we're insane selling GX for £13 mil. 16 goals+assists. If we were happy for pay £12m for Jorgy for 1.5-2.5 seasons, then keeping GX for two seasons and letting him leave on a free at the end is a bargain.

If GX had had the season he's just had at a different PL club and we could sign him on a 2 year deal for 13m, then we'd all be up for it.
    It is insane. It's risking dropping out of the top 4 which looks a lock for the sake of £13m. I can't see the thinking behind it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I was going to post something like this, very odd selling both the CM's that got us into 2nd and then bringing in 2x new CM's and hoping that it doesn't go Yes, they are clearly supposed to be upgrades but it's still a little concerning.
    Last edited by PSRB; 06-21-2023 at 03:25 PM.

It is insane. It's risking dropping out of the top 4 which looks a lock for the sake of £13m. I can't see the thinking behind it at all.
    Well you may now get your wish. City in strongly for Rice - Confirmed.