Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This missing submarine

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    If I was a billionaire living in Dubai where *anything* can be delivered to my door in about 30 minutes, I'm pretty sure I'd stay there rather than stepping into a dodgy little sub to go 2 1/2 miles down to look at a wreck.

All the best to him, of course.
    I'd only be interested in Submariners, though they are a starter kit for those fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I've been there once - had quite a good time, but, by God, is it soulless. No wish to go back
    Oh I don't know - fantastic weather, great food and drink, first class service and Russian and Filipino prostitutes all over the place goes some way to making up for a lack of soul.

Soul is overrated

Plus, I love the desert.

Oh I don't know - fantastic weather, great food and drink, first class service and Russian and Filipino prostitutes all over the place goes some way to making up for a lack of soul.

Soul is overrated

Plus, I love the desert.
    Fantastic weather? Far too hot

Fantastic weather? Far too hot
    I love the heat

And if you go at the right time you are pretty much guaranteed sunshine and hot weather although not too hot depending on what you like. I've had too many holidays ruined by bad weather (Sevilla, Normandy etc) not to appreciate this.

I wouldn't suggest going in June/July/Aug, though.

We're all dead in an imploding submarine, an imploding submarine, and imploding submarine

Too soon?
    My beloved said that she'd read about someone who'd visited the wreck and they were amazed that after all these years, the swimming pool was still full of water. So I told her that they should have painted it yellow cos you always live if your sub is yellow.

But wtf are they using a PS4 controller to drive the fücking thing?

Soul is overrated

Plus, I love the desert.
    If you want desert, go to Rajasthan.

I was in Pushkar with the glw and her old man about 15 years ago. It's holy there - one of the only 4 places in India that have a temple to Lord Brahma The Creator.

Consequently, there's no meat or booze and her dad, being veggie, was happy about this. I wasn't.

So when some camel-wallah asked if I wanted a camel ride one day, I jokingly asked whether I could get a camel to the nearest "English Beer & Wine Shop" - i.e. offie.

He said that if you go off into the desert for about 45-60', there's a tiny little place with low caste people living in bamboo and plastic shacks and they have beer there.

We arranged a price and I met him the following afternoon. I got on the camel and he led me there, past the small, blue grandstand on one side of the racetrack where they have the camel races in the annual camel fair.

Pic of grandstand in the background here:

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...AAAAAdAAAAABAD

When we got there, I got off and he asked me what I wanted so I said 2 bottles of Kingfisher Strong - 660 ml bottles at just over 7% alcohol.

I drank both pretty quickly in the afternoon sun and remounted the camel to go back. Now I was pîssed, I was shîtting it riding back, as I suddenly realised I was wobbly on some beast at about 10 ft up. It was suddenly really scary.

But I got back safe and paid up, asking whether I could take the camel somewhere to get some meat as, like Withnail {not our one} "I want something's flesh."

He said we couldn't take the camel to the town, but if I gave him Rs.100, he'd get a chicken from there tomorrow and would cook it for me as long as I didn't tell anyone.

So I gave him the rupes and met him next day at 6pm as arranged. And the chicken curry he'd cooked me with a whole chicken was Divine.

He also put out steel plates with chapatis and slices of onions and tomatoes. I munched everything except the toms and when he asked why, I said I don't really like them.

He said please try one slice cos they're from my garden. I did and I'd never tasted a tomato anywhere near as nice as his. Ate almost the whole lot. My beloved thinks that it's cos they're natural growing there, no chemicals etc.

Lovely family.

Now that really was great food and drink and first class service.

Ganpati bless them all.

No Trident, not even Tomahawks? Not a REAL submarine, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    If it's gone missing 8km down, then it has more than likely imploded. At the least the people on board would have died instantly, unfortunately.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No Trident, not even Tomahawks? Not a REAL submarine, imo.
    and certainly not if using a Playstation controller to manoeuvre it!!

looooooooooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    and certainly not if using a Playstation controller to manoeuvre it!!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."