Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So I have just spent 5 min watching the Patino lad on youtube

So I have just spent 5 min watching the Patino lad on youtube

who is on loan at Blackpool for those who don't follow these things.

Two points: 1) he's filled out, not sure if we have him on the juice or not but he's noticeably stronger and bigger than the player we saw last year 2) f*ck me is he going to be some kind of player for us, not only is he the midfielder we need but he looks PL ready now, I know it's only Blackpool but hard to miss that level of talent

Keep in mind of course that I wanted us to buy Harry Kewell

He looks a talent alright. Might need another year on loan to get games. I'd imagine the staff are watching closely what he and Sambi does for the rest of the year. There's every chance Patino could fly past him in the squad. I don't want to write off Sambi yet but he really needs to take his many chances he's getting in the UEFA cup. I've yet to see him stand out yet.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    He looks a talent alright. Might need another year on loan to get games. I'd imagine the staff are watching closely what he and Sambi does for the rest of the year. There's every chance Patino could fly past him in the squad. I don't want to write off Sambi yet but he really needs to take his many chances he's getting in the UEFA cup. I've yet to see him stand out yet.
    I don't see them competing for the same position, Sambi is Partey's replacement we hope, Patino is more a Xhaka type of player, albeit he seems to be more mobile and better defensively.

This based on 5 min of youtube, of course

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I don't see them competing for the same position, Sambi is Partey's replacement we hope, Patino is more a Xhaka type of player, albeit he seems to be more mobile and better defensively.

The Blackpool fans have certainly taken to him, they were chanting his name for virtually the entire 90 minutes at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Yup. I think this season, the plan was Mo to cover Partey and Sambi for GX - bit like last season when Sambi and SMN played together one game.

But Mo's injury has forced a rethink {esp with Vieira possibly play in GX's left 8 role.} Sambi's looked decent there. He's got caught a bit out of position defensively once, but he can learn how to improve on that. It's a new role for him. He also seems to be playing it safe when in possession in our own half à la Mo, but being more creative when in theirs.

I still think he'll come good. Patino has so much talent, but the one EPL game he started, him and MO were getting into the same positions too much. Again, that can be learnt.

But next year, in B-team games, with ESR on the left wing and Eddie up top, I reckon FB and Patino could be in the AM roles behind the front 3. Hp[e Marquinhos comes good, too.

Hopefully he’s not like ESR whose out because his groin is still growing.

Oh lawd.