Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Down 35 to go

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I think our best shot to win it is now i.e go unbeaten through to the World Cup then get reinforcements in.

I mean our best shot isn’t a long drawn out campaign but to go on a run now pre World Cup and build a lead we can defend later on.

This isn’t impossible. Improbable lol yeah.

Arteta’s system is still reliant on Partey staying fit and Xhaka not losing the plot.

This is a rather big flaw giving season on season previous evidence.

But he might get lucky here….Xhaka seems happier in his new role so less likely to go mental so it’s just Partey to worry about…but we got Elneny and Sambi who can cover short term and anything longer then you slot White in there.

He may also get lucky if he waits until the World Cup…who know what sort of gem he can pluck…a Kanu like signing from one of the smaller nations could work wonders.
    Amen brother

Can someone decipher the latest Swiss Ramble?

Seems we’re broke or need to win something this year to balance up.

Too busy at work so gave up after his first bar graph.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Can someone decipher the latest Swiss Ramble?

Seems we’re broke or need to win something this year to balance up.

Too busy at work so gave up after his first bar graph.
    I think he said we are in a good position with covid related issues covering our arse - and getting all those wages off the book. Certainly safe from FFP issues anyway

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Bar one daft pass when were cruising, Xhaka was excellent. I just don't see why you think he needs to be dropped
    Yes I agree he has been very good so far, but I'm still suspicious that in the big games against better teams his lack of athleticism will come back to haunt us and he'll do something really stupid.

He does have an awful lot of previous here. I suppose we should just be thankful we now have this option available to us.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes I agree he has been very good so far, but I'm still suspicious that in the big games against better teams his lack of athleticism will come back to haunt us and he'll do something really stupid.

He does have an awful lot of previous here. I suppose we should just be thankful we now have this option available to us.
    Not to mention that it also allows us to get the wee Jockie onto the pitch and play Zinchenko in his best position. This is also about how good they can be as much as mitigating the risk of him having another mad moment