Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Auba really score a hat-trick for Barca?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I've said before that both Wes and I were dreaming of TP5 as DM, Odin and ESR as inside forwards and the front 3. But the two times it was tried, it didn't really work.

I don't watch other teams and stick with what I know so I just want a new Laca who can also take chances. And then we can use any of GM, Odin, Saka and ESR for those 3 positions behind.

2002 worked because we had a front 4 with 5 players - Titi, Dennis, Bobby, Freddie and Skiltord. So if there were injuries, suspensions or substitutions, whichever 4 played could play with each other. Think barring Titi, Skiltord played more games than the others that season, despite him no being theoretically first choice.

So having our current 4 all happy playing with each other cos they can get a rest, come on and off the bench etc and all be contented starting 75% of games and coming on in the others, then this gives us that cover we had in 2002.

Just like I really hope Saliba comes back and comes good. When we could choose 2 of TA, SB and O'L, we won things. As we did when MK replaced O'L. But after SB left in '98, and we only had 2 top notch CHs, we didn't win again until Sol was added to TA and MK. 2003 no league. 2004, have Kolo with Sol and MK. Win.

3 top CHs for 2 starting spots. 4 top no.10s/widemen for 3 spots. New striker and MF. Then have cover at FB and MF.

That's what I'd like.

That's why I'm so annoyed Laca can't score when he's done everything else perfectly. If he could get 15-20 we could give him a contract extension. He's only 30. Then spunk all the summer cash on a MF {and a young gamble striker like Gabby M was} and have another season or two to find the perfect no.9

I just worry MA will do something silly. Like dropping Gabby for Willian after he'd come in at the same time as ESR on Boxing Day the year before, played great for 2 games, then got dropped.

Has young Balogun done anything on loan?
    Not much yet - looking a bit lightweight in the Championship. Hopefully learning though.

I hope Saliba comes back but hope we keep Holding too - really good back up and perfect to come on when we go down to 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I've said before that both Wes and I were dreaming of TP5 as DM, Odin and ESR as inside forwards and the front 3. But the two times it was tried, it didn't really work.

I don't watch other teams and stick with what I know so I just want a new Laca who can also take chances. And then we can use any of GM, Odin, Saka and ESR for those 3 positions behind.

2002 worked because we had a front 4 with 5 players - Titi, Dennis, Bobby, Freddie and Skiltord. So if there were injuries, suspensions or substitutions, whichever 4 played could play with each other. Think barring Titi, Skiltord played more games than the others that season, despite him no being theoretically first choice.

So having our current 4 all happy playing with each other cos they can get a rest, come on and off the bench etc and all be contented starting 75% of games and coming on in the others, then this gives us that cover we had in 2002.

Just like I really hope Saliba comes back and comes good. When we could choose 2 of TA, SB and O'L, we won things. As we did when MK replaced O'L. But after SB left in '98, and we only had 2 top notch CHs, we didn't win again until Sol was added to TA and MK. 2003 no league. 2004, have Kolo with Sol and MK. Win.

3 top CHs for 2 starting spots. 4 top no.10s/widemen for 3 spots. New striker and MF. Then have cover at FB and MF.

That's what I'd like.

That's why I'm so annoyed Laca can't score when he's done everything else perfectly. If he could get 15-20 we could give him a contract extension. He's only 30. Then spunk all the summer cash on a MF {and a young gamble striker like Gabby M was} and have another season or two to find the perfect no.9

I just worry MA will do something silly. Like dropping Gabby for Willian after he'd come in at the same time as ESR on Boxing Day the year before, played great for 2 games, then got dropped.

Has young Balogun done anything on loan?
    I still think Gabi will be a no 9, especially if we play him with a no 10 a la Bergkamp and Henry

White Saliba Gabriel
    Saka Odegaard Partey Xhaka Tierney
    ESR Gabi

ideally with Sami and a new more attacking midfielder as options to Xhaka.

Lord people are going to go insane about Joao Felix now…re diving header vs United.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not much yet - looking a bit lightweight in the Championship. Hopefully learning though.

I hope Saliba comes back but hope we keep Holding too - really good back up and perfect to come on when we go down to 10
    Remember some interview when Gnabry said he'd got the Ox into doing weights.

Do you think that's the norm now? Laca's finishing has been woeful for a vile but he's vital simply because he's so strong. I'm not saying he's Sanogo 2.0, merely that young Flo seems to have the ball skills so maybe bulk him up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I still think Gabi will be a no 9, especially if we play him with a no 10 a la Bergkamp and Henry

White Saliba Gabriel
    Saka Odegaard Partey Xhaka Tierney
    ESR Gabi

ideally with Sami and a new more attacking midfielder as options to Xhaka.
    GM would play more like Auba, on the shoulder of the last man. Would rather have him wide and a no.9 who drops deep. Harder to defend against {as if I actually understand wtf I've just typed.}