Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Trust the process.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It has been too long already, SC. I want any Arsenal manager to do well but ***cing hell...

I'm getting quite bored by it all. Last night was insipid, flaccid ****e.

Again.
    Alright IUFG? Did you watch the NLD?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Alright IUFG? Did you watch the NLD?
    I'm well thanks, W. I trust you are too?

I did see the NLD, I thought them were incredibly poor and us marginally better. But, importantly, much betterer for a 20 minute spell.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Can we just get 1 game with Pepe as the striker rather than isolated out on a wing?

Just one and then I’ll shut up about him being a striker

Think the main misjudgment last night was being clever with Right Guard next to Partey…would’ve played him in the 3 with Saka and ESR and have Lokonga next to Partey.

Discount Pep made the rookie error of over thinking things imo

Like Tommy…lord that was bad but I wonder how much of last night was down to Discount Pep’s instructions. He’s not that bad a player. Ok it’s a faster pace of football and he’s still adjusting but man looked like Bellend at times. At some point Discount Pep needs to realise his ideas are farked up. Me myself…I’ve no idea what an inverted right back is…ffs talk about completely over complicating the easiest position on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Can we just get 1 game with Pepe as the striker rather than isolated out on a wing?

Just one and then I’ll shut up about him being a striker

Think the main misjudgment last night was being clever with Right Guard next to Partey…would’ve played him in the 3 with Saka and ESR and have Lokonga next to Partey.

Discount Pep made the rookie error of over thinking things imo

Like Tommy…lord that was bad but I wonder how much of last night was down to Discount Pep’s instructions. He’s not that bad a player. Ok it’s a faster pace of football and he’s still adjusting but man looked like Bellend at times. At some point Discount Pep needs to realise his ideas are farked up. Me myself…I’ve no idea what an inverted right back is…ffs talk about completely over complicating the easiest position on the pitch.
    He actually played well on the wing yesterday. Tracked back and defended well, seems to be developing an understanding with Tommy - which was great for the goal. And the goal showed why we need Auba central.

I'd be up for it as an emergency or in a 442 with Laca deep when chasing a goal.

But last night showed our problems are MF. Woeful from Sambi and Partey..

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He actually played well on the wing yesterday. Tracked back and defended well, seems to be developing an understanding with Tommy - which was great for the goal. And the goal showed why we need Auba central.

I'd be up for it as an emergency or in a 442 with Laca deep when chasing a goal.

But last night showed our problems are MF. Woeful from Sambi and Partey..
    Midfield passing was shocking, Partey, Sami and Odegaard.

At one point Partey had the ball in the middle with Pepe in acres of space on the right with one man to beat, Boomerang in a good position at the opposite side. I was screaming for him to ping it to him and instead we got a lazy looping ball that meant the chance went begging as the defenders recovered. That was a common theme, we just didn't pass the ball well enough in midfield. Would also liked us to have used Tierney more, that left sided obsession seems to have disappeared.

Not too sure how we blame Arteta for the fact that the midfield players had on off night on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Midfield passing was shocking, Partey, Sami and Odegaard.

At one point Partey had the ball in the middle with Pepe in acres of space on the right with one man to beat, Boomerang in a good position at the opposite side. I was screaming for him to ping it to him and instead we got a lazy looping ball that meant the chance went begging as the defenders recovered. That was a common theme, we just didn't pass the ball well enough in midfield. Would also liked us to have used Tierney more, that left sided obsession seems to have disappeared.

Not too sure how we blame Arteta for the fact that the midfield players had on off night on the ball.
    I wonder if Tierney's form is partly due to Xhaka not being in the team to find him with those long direct passes with good timing. Usually KT can just take the ball in his stride and be pretty much past his defender, whilst now he has to work harder to get past.

Also, I think the strategy is to often overburden Partey but we fail to take advantage of the superiority (in numbers) that should give us elsewhere on the pitch. We paid extra for Ramsdale & White because they have fantastic feet for longballs, but we didnt manage to find our forwards in the space Palace must've given up for committing to their press and outnumbering Partey.

Ramsdale looked frustrated at our forwards yesterday when we struggled to play out, but I couldnt see on the telly for much of the game whether they moved well or not. I'm guessing Auba & Pepe didnt, atleast during some spells of the game.

I reckon we lack Laca at CF or Odegaard at 10 in our buildup. I think with one of those recieving the ball a bit further up in the middle of the park our game starts to look much better and more difficult to predict.