Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Problem - Lack of goals from midfield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Scored 1 in 7 for us prior to the Newcastle loan. Not too bad
    It's hardly overwhelming, is it?

I judge him by watching him play, and he really isn't very good I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It's a better scoring rate than Saka.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

It's a better scoring rate than Saka.
    The most important and telling stat there is not the 1 goal, nor the 1 goal in 7 games - it's the 7 games.

I judge him by watching him play, and he really isn't very good I'm afraid.
    yeah, he sometimes runs on the wrong side of the defender after combining etc.

I like him but think he's not a great stylistic fit with the rest. Not sure what position he'd play at Arsenal and how much time he'd get there. He's one of the few players we can sell and get a decent fee out of.

Good move for him and a decent one for Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    yeah, he sometimes runs on the wrong side of the defender after combining etc.

I like him but think he's not a great stylistic fit with the rest. Not sure what position he'd play at Arsenal and how much time he'd get there. He's one of the few players we can sell and get a decent fee out of.

Good move for him and a decent one for Arsenal
    Ceballos, Ødegaard and William played 97 games last season between them. We're gonna need another offensive minded midfeilder to cover those. True, we're not in the UEFA cup so that's a good chunk less games but we still need at least one player to cover those positions.

Ceballos, Ødegaard and William played 97 games last season between them. We're gonna need another offensive minded midfeilder to cover those. True, we're not in the UEFA cup so that's a good chunk less games but we still need at least one player to cover those positions.
    Yeah, I think ESR being fit and Pepe hopefully being better from start of the season will eat some of that along with Lokonga. And we'll also very likely get a new attacking midfielder in, Odegaard or Auoar perhaps. Hopefully Martinelli gets more minutes on the LW and Willian not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    Yeah, I think ESR being fit and Pepe hopefully being better from start of the season will eat some of that along with Lokonga. And we'll also very likely get a new attacking midfielder in, Odegaard or Auoar perhaps. Hopefully Martinelli gets more minutes on the LW and Willian not so much.
    Will be interesting to see if he moves to 433 or stays with 4231, or even (hopefully not) goes to 3 at the back. I'm guessing he wants to move to 433, but that suggests the need for another creative midfielder I think.

Will be interesting to see if he moves to 433 or stays with 4231, or even (hopefully not) goes to 3 at the back. I'm guessing he wants to move to 433, but that suggests the need for another creative midfielder I think.
    We need another creative MF even in 4-2-3-1. A sort of Santi/Rosicky type. Someone with the skill of a no.10 who can be a box-to-box player in a 2-man MF, to sit between Partey and ESR. The team is crying out for a no.8 who can score and make goals, add some magic, but still do the work of a proper MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    We need another creative MF even in 4-2-3-1. A sort of Santi/Rosicky type. Someone with the skill of a no.10 who can be a box-to-box player in a 2-man MF, to sit between Partey and ESR. The team is crying out for a no.8 who can score and make goals, add some magic, but still do the work of a proper MF.
    Completely agree, thats been what I've wanted the most this window (along with a CB with good feet).

Seems like Ødegaard is leaving Real Madrid though, according to Spanish media this last hour, so thats probably the guy we'll get unless Real Madrid wants to much for him.

His release clause above 100m shouldnt be allowed when he's only at 25k a week

we're 1-0 down against relegation fodder and bring on Nelson but a proven goal scorer from midfield is "not good enough for Arsenal". We're a foocking joke.