Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
Completely agree, thats been what I've wanted the most this window (along with a CB with good feet).

Seems like Ødegaard is leaving Real Madrid though, according to Spanish media this last hour, so thats probably the guy we'll get unless Real Madrid wants to much for him.

His release clause above 100m shouldnt be allowed when he's only at 25k a week
But MA played him as a no.10 and moved ESR to the wings. Personally, I'd rather have Pépé wide and ESR at 10. He scores and makes more goals than MO. He's more of a Bergy while MO's more of a midfielder. Arteta didn't try MO and Partey last year behind ESR and I worry he'll do the same again. He obviously doesn't like Pépé - that's why he wasted all that money on the Chav reject.

If he buys MO, drops Pépé again and has Xhaka as a starter even when Partey's fit then I've had it. Arteta can go. Yet if he played MO next to/in front of Partey, and he can play as a box-to-box like Santi and Rosicky could then fine. But is MO capable as one of a two man MF? Can he do all the defensive work on the edge of our box like Santi could? He's got a great eye for a pre-assist and so would be perfect IF he can do all the tackling and defending. Otherwise, we've spent a whole window and basically just got a young replacement for Luiz.