Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: old boy thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't mind if the players aren't very good, really. I grew up watching Arsenal players who weren't very good and that didn't really affect my enjoyment too much. It's just the total lack of any discernible effort makes me feel equally apathetic.

If they can't be arsed, why would I be?
    The Arsenal of the early/mid 80s was pretty **** imo. But you could love them.

This current crop (and about the last 5-10 years) have been a bunch of unlikeable pansies and now we have a Poundland Mourinho managing them.

It is like pissing in the wind / shovelling water uphill with this lot...

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG2 View Post
    The Arsenal of the early/mid 80s was pretty **** imo. But you could love them.

This current crop (and about the last 5-10 years) have been a bunch of unlikeable pansies and now we have a Poundland Mourinho managing them.

It is like pissing in the wind / shovelling water uphill with this lot...
    Tierney, Holding, Gabriel, Xhaka, Saka and Smith-Rowe. That should be the basis of a decent side. The rest of them aren't worth a cup of cold piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tierney, Holding, Gabriel, Xhaka, Saka and Smith-Rowe. That should be the basis of a decent side. The rest of them aren't worth a cup of cold piss.
    Swap Martinelli for Xhaka, and I'd completely agree with you.

If I was facing the sack I wouldn’t put my faith in Xhaka being our saviour.

Would roll the dice and gamble on that Miguel Asneeze kid next to Partey for the 2nd leg.

According to my extensive research ie YouTube...he appears to be very good.

Nothing to lose with a P45 looming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Would roll the dice and gamble on that Miguel Asneeze kid next to Partey for the 2nd leg.

Balogun close to extending his stay too

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Sorry to disagree but he's been one of the few players who've stepped up. Was excellent again yesterday at LB......not that he had much to do