Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So here's the deal on this virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    This article is helpful and with many embedded links showing the appropriate data.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/29/...alth-concerns/

This was sent to me after I posted Friday, in case anyone was wondering.
    The article you shared is written by someone who either doesn't understand or is wilfully ignoring the principles of science.

"All the science indicated that existing measures, encouraging the public to observe basic hygiene and limit interactions with vulnerable people, was working, as C19 followed the normal bell curve of any viral disease in a population."

Utter cobblers, I am afraid. I can't think of a single scientific domain where all 'science' (whatever that means) has ever totally agreed on something. It's just a series of hyperbolic/completely ungrounded statements that no data analyst would ever make.

As Burney has repeatedly said, the data is a mess. Science relies on data. Anybody drawing conclusions is a fraud. By all means, share a hypothesis that you can start to support with some data, but don't draw conclusions. It's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The article you shared is written by someone who either doesn't understand or is wilfully ignoring the principles of science.

"All the science indicated that existing measures, encouraging the public to observe basic hygiene and limit interactions with vulnerable people, was working, as C19 followed the normal bell curve of any viral disease in a population."

Utter cobblers, I am afraid. I can't think of a single scientific domain where all 'science' (whatever that means) has ever totally agreed on something. It's just a series of hyperbolic/completely ungrounded statements that no data analyst would ever make.

As Burney has repeatedly said, the data is a mess. Science relies on data. Anybody drawing conclusions is a fraud. By all means, share a hypothesis that you can start to support with some data, but don't draw conclusions. It's silly.
    that's fine. I stated my opinion and certainly don't expect everyone to agree. I would say that I believe that as much as a layperson can I am relying on as much current data as I can reach. I have also spoken with friends "in the field" so to speak. Epidemiologist, ER doctor, a biologist who does research. Several more. As indicated at the beginning, what I do for a living has necessitated (unfortunately!) that I know way more about this than I wish. My opinion is measured and well considered -- so I thought I'd share on good ol' AWIMB.

Cheers.