Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe that 70% of people would vote against reintroducing bears in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The Swedes only allow a certain amount of each animal to be killed every year so perhaps there has already been some form of negotiation?
    Yes, this always sounds very reasonable, but I wonder if it comes as much consolation to the poor c@nts getting whacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, this always sounds very reasonable, but I wonder if it comes as much consolation to the poor c@nts getting whacked?
    What really, honestly puzzls me is what sort of human being looks at a magnificent creature and thinks, "What that needs is to be dead."

A sicko, that's what sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What really, honestly puzzls me is what sort of human being looks at a magnificent creature and thinks, "What that needs is to be dead."

A sicko, that's what sort.
    I don't think we (i.e. humans) want it dead so much as we want to kill it. There's a subtle, but important difference - albeit one that's probably moot as far as the object of our hard-wired bloodlust is concerned, I'll grant you.

I don’t know why they bother with the wolves. There’s only about 300 of them and they’re usually in the middle of nowhere away from civilisation. Moose I can kind of see the point because they like eating that awful stuff.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 01-28-2020 at 03:52 PM.

I don’t know why they bother with the wolves. There’s only about 300 of them and they’re usually in the middle of nowhere away from civilisation. Moose I can kind of see the point because they like eating that awful stuff.
    How does moose taste? Beefy or more venisony?

How does moose taste? Beefy or more venisony?
    It’s closer to beef but I find it quite chewy. I suppose that’s because they must spend their lives eating spruse.

I don't think we (i.e. humans) want it dead so much as we want to kill it. There's a subtle, but important difference - albeit one that's probably moot as far as the object of our hard-wired bloodlust is concerned, I'll grant you.
    Oh bloodlust I understand. It's relatively rare that I look at a human being without wishing them dead. It's just that animals are, you know. Nice.

But barely anybody in this country has the right to own a weapon capable of killing a bear. Try taking out a brown bear with a .22 and see how far you get.

Anyway, if people did that, we would need to introduce the right to arm bears.
    On form today.

It’s closer to beef but I find it quite chewy. I suppose that’s because they must spend their lives eating spruse.
    That and the fact that they spend their lives moving about and therefore are pretty much all lean muscle.

But barely anybody in this country has the right to own a weapon capable of killing a bear. Try taking out a brown bear with a .22 and see how far you get.

Anyway, if people did that, we would need to introduce the right to arm bears.
    vg, b