Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Archer gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Burns is one as well isn't he? Read a good article in the Times on how the school began to nurture such talent. Obviously long after your time
    Too true. Mind you, quite who was coaching them to move around in the crease like that I don't know. Of the three, we've got two who can't stand still and one (Roy) who's incapable of moving his feet at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Too true. Mind you, quite who was coaching them to move around in the crease like that I don't know. Of the three, we've got two who can't stand still and one (Roy) who's incapable of moving his feet at all.
    I dunno but Colin Pates was in charge of football there at one point so make of that what you will
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 01-24-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I dunno but Colin Ward was in charge of football there at one point so make of that what you will
    Some ex-Durham player's in charge apparently. But the important thing is that they set up an academy ensuring four extra hours of one-on-one coaching and physical conditioning for the school's top 20 players every week, year-round. We never got that.We got a two-hour net session and two hours' square practice with fielding drills during the season only. In the off-season, you either played another sport or just had to catch up in early spring by going running.

We also all smoked like chimneys, of course.

I'm starting to think he and Wood are fated never to bowl in tandem in a test match.
    Calypso collapso incoming

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Calypso collapso incoming
    Ridicules considering that this is clearly a fúcking road. Just people getting themselves out. :baghead:

Ridicules considering that this is clearly a fúcking road. Just people getting themselves out. :baghead:
    Stokes going to be in trouble, seems to have called some kid in the crowd 'a four-eyed cnut' as walked off

Stokes going to be in trouble, seems to have called some kid in the crowd 'a four-eyed cnut' as walked off
    That's fine banter.

To be fair, I don't think it was an actual child and his exact words were: “Say it to me outside the ground you fúcking four-eyed little c**t”

Unless, of course, he was actually offering a small child out - which would be very funny.

To be fair, I don't think it was an actual child and his exact words were: “Say it to me outside the ground you fúcking four-eyed little c**t”

Unless, of course, he was actually offering a small child out - which would be very funny.
    To react like that, one assumes it was a comment about his Dad

To react like that, one assumes it was a comment about his Dad
    Not necessarily. He can be a bit tetchy. Anyway, it's all a bit of fun.