Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I assume Mustafi got an assist last night

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ref STILL should have let play go for another second!!!
    Oh I agree totally with that, they'd definitely let that roll on a few seconds these days.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Luiz warmed Tammy up for when Holding had that sly push into the hoardings...he was f**ked after that

Arteta is teaching them the dark arts.

Even Gwen got into the fun...didn’t bother trying to fake it...kicked the guy, stoped the attack, took his yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Definitely - and for the red card. Was it just me or should Leno have wiped Abraham out. Red card and a free better than red card and penalty
    Apparently (and I'm asking you as you know these things and I don't) if Luiz had actually tried to win the ball, even if it's 99% certain he can't and will commit a foul, then as it's a penalty, it's not a red card. {They didn't say but I'd guess a yellow.}

It's only if you do a deliberate foul. Like Luiz pushing him over.

So if he'd just slid down on the goal side and the Chav had tripped over his leg, it would have been a genuine tackle attempt and no red.

Also, Mustafi was getting back. Almost certain goal, I admit, but the same as a penalty.

In short, all 3 of them fücked up to varying degrees.

+VEs were Martinelli and Hector being back. If Hector can teach Pépé how to play with him, we'll have a real threat down that side. Also Saka and Martinelli look like they'll learn to link up. {Hector was a winger in his yoof, too.)

So if they can learn how to then play triangles with Ozil, he can overload one of the sides like Cashley, Bobby and Titi.

If only we had Santi (or TR7) in the Xhaka role. A pwoppa box-to-box MF who doesn't just stand by and watch opponents run past him, wgo can also shield the defence, but has the skill to play Wengaball with Ozil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Apparently (and I'm asking you as you know these things and I don't) if Luiz had actually tried to win the ball, even if it's 99% certain he can't and will commit a foul, then as it's a penalty, it's not a red card. {They didn't say but I'd guess a yellow.}

It's only if you do a deliberate foul. Like Luiz pushing him over.

So if he'd just slid down on the goal side and the Chav had tripped over his leg, it would have been a genuine tackle attempt and no red.

Also, Mustafi was getting back. Almost certain goal, I admit, but the same as a penalty.

In short, all 3 of them fücked up to varying degrees.

+VEs were Martinelli and Hector being back. If Hector can teach Pépé how to play with him, we'll have a real threat down that side. Also Saka and Martinelli look like they'll learn to link up. {Hector was a winger in his yoof, too.)

So if they can learn how to then play triangles with Ozil, he can overload one of the sides like Cashley, Bobby and Titi.

If only we had Santi (or TR7) in the Xhaka role. A pwoppa box-to-box MF who doesn't just stand by and watch opponents run past him, wgo can also shield the defence, but has the skill to play Wengaball with Ozil.
    Should only have been a yellow if he tries to win the ball yes. Though I suspect with the goalkeeper out of the equation ref may still have shown red

Definitely - and for the red card. Was it just me or should Leno have wiped Abraham out. Red card and a free better than red card and penalty
    I thought the rules were changed a few years ago to prevent the 'double whammy' of conceding a penalty and having a man sent off for one foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I thought the rules were changed a few years ago to prevent the 'double whammy' of conceding a penalty and having a man sent off for one foul.
    well if you read the comments above it explains it all, if it is a deliberate fould to stop a goal scoring opp' then it is still a red card, if it is an attempt to play the ball then it isn't
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    They were, hence you will rarely see a keeper sent off for conceding a pen these days - the caveat being that if the defender isn't deemed to make an attempt to play the ball (ie a shirt pull or a blatant push) it can still be a red card. Think Luiz's fell into that category

(also before Berni see this, you should change rules to Laws)

On more important matters - recall for Archer tomorrow? Or leave the winning team intact. Not sure South Africa have much in the tank to be honest - particularly without Rabada, but knowing England they could **** it up

They were, hence you will rarely see a keeper sent off for conceding a pen these days - the caveat being that if the defender isn't deemed to make an attempt to play the ball (ie a shirt pull or a blatant push) it can still be a red card. Think Luiz's fell into that category

(also before Berni see this, you should change rules to Laws)

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”