Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Five-fer for Maharaj. Five for...180.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Be good if our bowlers actually aimed for the stumps!
    Well, one did eventually. Can't really complain after dominating a Test like that

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, one did eventually. Can't really complain after dominating a Test like that
    No, it's a bit of fun for the punters, but it was starting to irk slightly, if I'm honest.

Must admit, I'm still slightly bemused as to how we've managed to win our last two tests with quite such a makeshift bowling attack, but I shan't complain.

Mind you, as things stand, I'm not sure I could tell you what our best team is with everyone fully fit.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-20-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, it's a bit of fun for the punters, but it was starting to irk slightly, if I'm honest.

Must admit, I'm still slightly bemused as to how we've managed to win our last two tests with quite such a makeshift bowling attack, but I shan't complain.

Mind you, as things stand, I'm not sure I could tell you what our best team is with everyone fully fit.
    Sounds like there might be question marks about Archer's attitude. Not bowling in the nets with the intensity required (and also on the pitch, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sounds like there might be question marks about Archer's attitude. Not bowling in the nets with the intensity required (and also on the pitch, too).
    Not what I've heard. For my money, it's more an issue of him being overbowled by Root (still a fúcking appalling captain, by the way).

At least he got the follow on right...was fearing him batting again and completely mistiming the declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    At least he got the follow on right...was fearing him batting again and completely mistiming the declaration.
    Only because the decision was forced on him by the weather. But for that, he'd have pussied out.

tbf the Saffa batting line-up - Elgar apart - is as weak as I've seen it. Still took a great effort from Jimmy to get the ball rolling the first innnings of the second Test

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    tbf the Saffa batting line-up - Elgar apart - is as weak as I've seen it. Still took a great effort from Jimmy to get the ball rolling the first innnings of the second Test
    True - although Malan looks decent. De Kok - while absurdly talented - would drive me mental if he were English. Constantly giving his wicket away in increasingly stupid ways.

True - although Malan looks decent. De Kok - while absurdly talented - would drive me mental if he were English. Constantly giving his wicket away in increasingly stupid ways.
    Completely agree on De Kok, you just know he's going to something daft at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Completely agree on De Kok, you just know he's going to something daft at any moment.
    It's a shame, because he's glorious to watch when he's going. He hit an on-drive off a 92mph ball from Wood in this game that was was absolutely one of the best things I've seen in ages. But then he got out trying to drive a straight one that simply wasn't there for it from Curran when his job was to save the game.

I suspect he's not terribly bright.