Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I must confess that I didn't think in a 1,000 years would Iran admit that they had

I must confess that I didn't think in a 1,000 years would Iran admit that they had

shot down the plane. My grasp of the complexities of Middle East politics has always been sketchy at best but I realise I no longer understand this world. Please explain.

(7sis - if you join the thread can you refrain from ranting about left wing hypocrisy and stick to the point please and Berni, not the old "Trump is so brilliant they had no choice" shtick either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    shot down the plane. My grasp of the complexities of Middle East politics has always been sketchy at best but I realise I no longer understand this world. Please explain.

(7sis - if you join the thread can you refrain from ranting about left wing hypocrisy and stick to the point please and Berni, not the old "Trump is so brilliant they had no choice" shtick either.)
    I think the overwhelming evidence that they shot it down probably had something to do with it, H. Perhaps also a form of de-escalation too. Denying it would be a clear falsehood and would likely rile Big Donald up even more. Admitting it at least demonstrates a shred of integrity.

Why are the Iranian people so upset, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think the overwhelming evidence that they shot it down probably had something to do with it, H. Perhaps also a form of de-escalation too. Denying it would be a clear falsehood and would likely rile Big Donald up even more. Admitting it at least demonstrates a shred of integrity.

Why are the Iranian people so upset, though?
    Cos the farkin thing was packed to the gills with Iranians ya big bean-brained oaf!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

You'll notice that they didn't admit nuffink until they'd cleared away the debris, though. Suggests that in some ways they were more concerned about the embarrassments and possible revelations of a lengthy and protracted investigation by an external agency as they were about admitting fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You'll notice that they didn't admit nuffink until they'd cleared away the debris, though. Suggests that in some ways they were more concerned about the embarrassments and possible revelations of a lengthy and protracted investigation by an external agency as they were about admitting fault.
    What revalations could there be other than 'it was shot down by the exact same missiles that are in Iran's anti-aircraft installations'?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What revalations could there be other than 'it was shot down by the exact same missiles that are in Iran's anti-aircraft installations'?
    Who knows? Although I do think back to redgunamo asking what might have been on the plane.

Who knows? Although I do think back to redgunamo asking what might have been on the plane.
    I think the only sensible, reasonable explanation is, of course, aliens, b

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think the only sensible, reasonable explanation is, of course, aliens, b
    I'm ruling nothing out, la. We're through the looking glass, here.

Who knows? Although I do think back to redgunamo asking what might have been on the plane*.
    *Aircaft, or aeroplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    *Aircaft, or aeroplane.
    Really? You pop up just for that?