Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So today the ginger cuckoo and his vile, grasping Yanqui slút will be trying to

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We always used to walk to The Jolly Sailor in South Norwood after the game. Haven't been there in years, though.
    Some Tennents Extra going on in there iirc. Was my lunchtime local back in the late 80's, very blurry times
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Some Tennents Extra going on in there iirc. Was my lunchtime local back in the late 80's, very blurry times
    It used to be alright. Well, it was alright for South Norwood. I used to work in The Goat House a bit up the road from there in the early 90s. I think that's been bulldozed now, though. Amusingly, the landlord was called Mick Hunt.

Aw shucks WES .. come here and gimme a hug ya big old canadian moose noncer

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Whilst abuse related to people's mothers and eviscerating someone are fairly common, every now and then such a retort is of sufficient quality that it should be recognised.

Herb's reply here is such a reply. Well played, Herb. Both plumbers and Java developers around the country should be well impressed.
    . . . . . . . .

It used to be alright. Well, it was alright for South Norwood. I used to work in The Goat House a bit up the road from there in the early 90s. I think that's been bulldozed now, though. Amusingly, the landlord was called Mick Hunt.
    Ah The Goat House, our preferred choice of pub before the game. Until the ****s knocked it down as you say, more fúcking flats now.
    Think we might have touched on this before, odds are you may have served me/thrown me out/cleared up my vomit etc

Ah The Goat House, our preferred choice of pub before the game. Until the ****s knocked it down as you say, more fúcking flats now.
    Think we might have touched on this before, odds are you may have served me/thrown me out/cleared up my vomit etc
    Very possibly. Were you there around New Year's in 1991/2?

Very possibly. Were you there around New Year's in 1991/2?
    Blimey B that would need LA levels of recollection which I don't have. I'd hazard a guess we were going in there a few years later than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'd favour a large, multi-story concrete car park. I mean the largest car park in the world, 50 stories high that would totally and brutally dominate SW1 and continually remind any reptiles in hiding who runs he show. We, The People!

Convert it into a theme park with rides, adventures, food, hotels etc.

We could call it Anglo-Disney?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Blimey B that would need LA levels of recollection which I don't have. I'd hazard a guess we were going in there a few years later than that.
    NYE 91/2 - Roundhouse with Spiral Tribe and Circus Normal. Made the front pages of the tabloids.

92/3 - Bromley-by-Bow Library, with Bedlam and the New Cross Posse (Circus Lunatek.) One of the two best warehouse parties ever, imo. {Halloween a few months before in the arches in London Fields, Hackney, opposite our squat, being the best.}

93/4 - Tacheles, Friedrichstrasse/Orienburger Tor, Berlin, with Mutoid Waste, Spirals and Bedlam. Two stolen Mig 21s rise through the smoke outside on hydraulics at midnight, with fire jugglers on the wings, with a liveset playing over a hired rig. Bedlam and Spiral rigs together inside.

94/5 and 95/6 - Goa. Just the usual Israelis with tiny sound systems

96/7 - Torres Vedras, Lisbon with Total Resistance.

97/8 - Some old airbase in Rome - Loads and loads of rigs. Totally lost it doing a full picture of Fat Freddy's Cats. {Strongest trips in the 'Dam at that point and 5x5 for the picture, so did 25 of the strongest trips in Europe in one bosh. We won the double 5 months later}

98/9 - Goa - but with our crew who drove out overland. Sound Conspiracy made up of OQP (say it in French), Facom and Total Resistance. They took the best bits of all three rigs. The lads in Goa said they now understood what I'm told them a few years before about them not knowing what a real sound system sounded like. Though they hated our music. We flew out, having got back from the Carib the week before. Someone asked me to get some special needles for their SL1210 decks, which I had to hunt 'round Tottenham Court Road for. Cost Ł50. Took them out and gave them to them. On the door (entry point, really, it's just a field in Goa) they ask us (me, glw and her dad) for donations. I say I'd brought them the needles. "What? Did it take all three of you?" the coont asked. "Yes it fücking did." Never got on with the Totals.

99/00 - London. Didn't like it. All the decent crews were in Europe by now.

00/01 - can't remember exactly. London, somewhere. Smallish venue. Got bored with the London lot and slept in the back of a mate's transit from about 5am.

01/02 - Rome. Top rave. First NYE party where we had our own truck. 3 weeks. Loadsa rigs, including Desert Storm. {Won the double 5 months later, just like the previous Rome NYE.}

02/03 - Lisbon. Rained again, just like 95/6. Yet this time, we had no building, just a huge marquee we'd acquired in Rome at the start of the year. Thankfully we parked on the main road opposite the entrance as opposed to in the mud where everyone got stuck.

Can't remember after that.

But that was a decent decade.