Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I am meeting an old chum in the west end tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The difference is meh.
    With all due respect, sc . . .bollócks.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    With all due respect, sc . . .bollócks.
    Your girlie palate might be up to mincing about with sipping whisky, i. That is a matter for you, your conscience, and your boyfriend.

I'd guzzle it down and come back for more.

There's an awful lot of pretentious bóllocks spoken about spirits. Scotch, brandy and gin, when imbibed neat, taste of fúcking poison. Some are slightly less poisonous than others, is all.

I love a good single malt.

I love Teachers.

The difference is meh.
    As you know, I tend to agree. However, I would say that the generally poisonous nature of spirits does make one appreciate the ones that don't taste wholly unpleasant even more. In other words, you have to have got mashed up on Metaxa to really appreciate a good Cognac.

Your girlie palate might be up to mincing about with sipping whisky, i. That is a matter for you, your conscience, and your boyfriend.
    I remember explaining to some self-proclaimed afficianado that I found Islay Malts actively disgusting and he suggested with a straight face that I ought to add a drop of water to them. A literal drop of water! I had visions of the silly c@nt sitting at home with a glass of the foul, TCP-tasting filth and a fúcking pipette. Seriously, who's got the time for that shíte?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One of the other dangers is that I rather like the optics (no pun intended) of coming home from work and pouring myself a whiskey from my decanter. It makes me feel like Jerry from The Good Life.
    Love my Whiskey decanter but as you say, it just makes you feel you should really drink it....every night

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Love my Whiskey decanter but as you say, it just makes you feel you should really drink it....every night
    Exactly, psrb. Do you have fancy glasses, too? I got a pair of these rather bizarre German ones for Christmas and so, to complement these and the decanter, on New Year's Eve I decided I had to shell out £500 on a Victorian sideboard for them to sit on.

I remember explaining to some self-proclaimed afficianado that I found Islay Malts actively disgusting and he suggested with a straight face that I ought to add a drop of water to them. A literal drop of water! I had visions of the silly c@nt sitting at home with a glass of the foul, TCP-tasting filth and a fúcking pipette. Seriously, who's got the time for that shíte?
    Some of those do taste like a bogtrotters sock, tbf
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'd avise you to refrain from suggesting that I am some kind of trouser bandit, sc. NTTAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Some of those do taste like a bogtrotters sock, tbf
    Laphroaig should be marked 'For external use only' imo.

Laphroaig should be marked 'For external use only' imo.
    Foul, peaty stuff

Treat yourself to a Glenfarclas 105 or the Balvenie Doublewood :drool: