Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh, it was an engine failure, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    An engine failure resulting in a catastrophic fire and hull loss?

Really?

Seems... unlikely. And somewhat coincidental, geographically speaking.

I is cynical.
    Well given we all suspect foul play do we have any idea which side would have fired the missile and why? I think Red knows a lot more than he's letting on and really ought to keep his chums here a little more in the loop.

I understand at least three of Her Majesty's subjects were on board so I expect we'll be "sending the SAS in" some time soon but they'll have to know whose arse they are supposed to kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well given we all suspect foul play do we have any idea which side would have fired the missile and why? I think Red knows a lot more than he's letting on and really ought to keep his chums here a little more in the loop.

I understand at least three of Her Majesty's subjects were on board so I expect we'll be "sending the SAS in" some time soon but they'll have to know whose arse they are supposed to kick.
    Odd. A Brit. In Tehran. Travelling to Kiev.

What's that all about?

Not really, no. But it's always worth keeping an eye out for nuclear submarines going about flying the Jolly Roger, especially if unexplained underground earthquakes are also reported anywhere in the vicinity, as has been the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    An engine failure resulting in a catastrophic fire and hull loss?

Really?

Seems... unlikely. And somewhat coincidental, geographically speaking.

I is cynical.
    Pentagon confirms it was shot down, wonder how the Canucks will react. Probably apologise and say it was their fault

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not really, no. But it's always worth keeping an eye out for nuclear submarines going about flying the Jolly Roger, especially if unexplained underground earthquakes are also reported anywhere in the vicinity, as has been the case here.
    Our subs only fly the Jolly Roger when they sail back to base after they've sunk an enemy ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Our subs only fly the Jolly Roger when they sail back to base after they've sunk an enemy ship.
    Not so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of..._by_submarines

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ooooh, didn't know about the other uses. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Ooooh, didn't know about the other uses. Cheers.
    The mission to which red is referring was by a US sub that was seen returning to port having delivered Navy Seals somewhere. It was shortly after this mission that the 'earthquake' that knackered the North Korean nuclear missile base took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The mission to which red is referring was by a US sub that was seen returning to port having delivered Navy Seals somewhere. It was shortly after this mission that the 'earthquake' that knackered the North Korean nuclear missile base took place.
    Ok. Didn't know that either. Hope the Septics didn't nick our Jolly Roger idea.