Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CricketWIMB where are you? Stopped listening na hour ago, thought we'd

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Can't expect us to play in every test match though.
    No. I fully expect us to talk up our chances for the next test and then lose it by an innings.

It's the England way.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mind you, damned decent of du Plessis, van der Dussen and de Kok to give us their wickets.

Still, what can you expect? Dutch, y'see?
    The van der Dussen one was particularly amusing. Only caught up late yesterday as was dealing with a nasty dose of Novovirus

Is the four day proposal to increase the number of overs per day so that they still get roughly the same number of overs in a four day test? I assume by starting a bit earlier and focusing on improving the pace of play they could get close?

Thought I also read something about making wickets more bowler friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Is the four day proposal to increase the number of overs per day so that they still get roughly the same number of overs in a four day test? I assume by starting a bit earlier and focusing on improving the pace of play they could get close?

1/2 hr extra per day. In England we sell out our games and take a hell of a support to away games, not so in other country's, you often see a lot of empty seats. There are pro's and con's to the idea of 4 day tests but i'm sure you know who on here will be up in arms abouit it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Not quite the same amount - 96 over days I think so actually losing the best part of two sessions. It would have to be enforced, of course, which is doubtful. And yes - making more "competitive" wickets is one of the aims as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    1/2 hr extra per day. In England we sell out our games and take a hell of a support to away games, not so in other country's, you often see a lot of empty seats. There are pro's and con's to the idea of 4 day tests but i'm sure you know who on here will be up in arms abouit it
    The person who seems to spend a good part of his life finding things to be up in arms about?

The person who seems to spend a good part of his life finding things to be up in arms about?
    I'm not saying
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not quite the same amount - 96 over days I think so actually losing the best part of two sessions. It would have to be enforced, of course, which is doubtful. And yes - making more "competitive" wickets is one of the aims as well.
    I'm sure the Indians will be well up for that......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm sure the Indians will be well up for that......
    Maybe ones turning square from day one.

I'm not sure Sir C really cares about cricket