Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone care to enlighten me as to why the manager of the Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Whilst I appreciate that you are taking the p1ss - I will point out a factual inaccuracy.

Wenger - on occasion - wore a track suit and trainers to a match. A quick google will show this is true.

HNY BTW - not sure about you but I'm hoping for Ian Lavery to replace Corbyn. Carnage is an insufficient word to describe what might happen internally in Labour should that occur.
    A tracksuit - whilst deeply regrettable - can at least be considered workwear in a sporting context. Whatever the fúck that ensemble Arteta shambled in wearing can not be justified on any level.

HNY. Looks like the polling at the moment is favouring Starmer, but it'll be interesting to see how that breaks down as people drop out. On the surface, he would be the semi-sensible choice, but he's still a hardcore remainer who is unlikely to win back any leave-voting constituencies anytime soon.

But then continuity Corbynism would be equally disastrous for different reasons. The joy of this leadership context is that whoever they choose, they're fúcked.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Look at Klopp - perhaps the best manager in the league - all tracksuit bottoms and trainers. And a fúcking cap, for the love of Dennis.

Pep - chinos, jumpers, trainers.

in short, they're all at it nowadays, b. Perhaps it is time to admit we are the anachronistic ones...
    Neither of those persons manages the Arsenal.

Or are you accepting that we're just another football club now?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Neither of those persons manages the Arsenal.

Or are you accepting that we're just another football club now?
    the moment KSE bought up the shares, we became just that
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

There were few greater critics of AW's dress sense than I - his silly (albeit practical) coats and inability to tie a proper knot in his tie infuriated me for years. However, he'd never have turned up looking like that.
    Arteta is 37 , AW was 110
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Arteta is 37 , AW was 110
    37 is middle-aged. Far too old to dress like some sort of delinquent teenager.

37 is middle-aged. Far too old to dress like some sort of delinquent teenager.
    Unlike you to be a moany old bitter ****oid.....

A tracksuit - whilst deeply regrettable - can at least be considered workwear in a sporting context. Whatever the fúck that ensemble Arteta shambled in wearing can not be justified on any level.

HNY. Looks like the polling at the moment is favouring Starmer, but it'll be interesting to see how that breaks down as people drop out. On the surface, he would be the semi-sensible choice, but he's still a hardcore remainer who is unlikely to win back any leave-voting constituencies anytime soon.

But then continuity Corbynism would be equally disastrous for different reasons. The joy of this leadership context is that whoever they choose, they're fúcked.
    The pleasure I took in the election result will pale in comparison to the pleasure I expect to take in watching the massive fight within Labour over the next leader and the associated policies they will support. There is so much denial in place from the Corbyn supporters and so much anger from the centrists that I can only see an implosion coming.

If the unions win they are unelectable, if the centrists win the party might split in two. Great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    the moment KSE bought up the shares, we became just that
    O Tempora! O Mores!

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The pleasure I took in the election result will pale in comparison to the pleasure I expect to take in watching the massive fight within Labour over the next leader and the associated policies they will support. There is so much denial in place from the Corbyn supporters and so much anger from the centrists that I can only see an implosion coming.

If the unions win they are unelectable, if the centrists win the party might split in two. Great fun.
    So a strong opposition isn't a good thing? That goes against all rational thinking.

Boris with no opposition could be the worse thing that could happen

O Tempora! O Mores!
    exactly. I see ethical veganism is posssibly to be come 'belief' under the Equality Act and therefore a protected characteristic.

the lunatics are taking over, b, I tells yer.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”