Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We can surely do better

I take it Fat Sam’s English lacks the required amount of Fams, bluds and de youthman and dems :grim:

He gets way too much stick.

He managed some pretty decent players at Bolton and has a perfect 100% record with England. Proper wheeler dealer in the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    "better" in what way? We appointed an experienced manager in UE, a manager who has been in various countrys and won different trophy's.
    We now ask for an experienced manager who can speak good english but who has experience in the PL...that take nearly all available managers out of the equation.

Looks like we are getting a manager who hasn't managed but has worked under perhaps the greatest current manager in the world for 3 years, who every player seems to credit for helping make them batter, who has the full praise of pep.

What do you actually want in our next manager?

For starters, someone that has actually been a manager. We can then narrow it down from there.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    For starters, someone that has actually been a manager. We can then narrow it down from there.
    Wise words ABR. What kind of spasticated organization would do such a reckless thing? Can't imagine John Lewis & Partners plucking someone off the till in Waitrose and promoting them to CEO.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Why does he have to have already managed? UE had and he was slagged off by nearly everyone on here.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Why does he have to have already managed? UE had and he was slagged off by nearly everyone on here.

He doesn't have to have already managed. It is just a riskier appointment when the person given the job has not done the job previously.
    Of course, having a track record is no guarantee either.

UE was slagged off by some on here simply because he was not Arsene Wenger.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

And for him not knowing a good dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    than Mikel Arteta?
    You think you know more than Pep?

I don't know what our managerial answer is. If, and when, Arteta comes in and gets no response from the players. . . then I would actually be happy for the entire, fúcking lot of them to be fúcked out of the window, and sooner rather than later.

Then we are on a 3-5 year project of youth and buying, you know, actual footballers.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Flip side...Pep is no one’s fool and knows full well Arteta is nothing more than a good Lieutenant.

Letting him leave is simple a test of his loyalty.