Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next 5 years is interesting for us oop Norf.

Next 5 years is interesting for us oop Norf.

with 109 new MP's many of who have come into Parliament from traditional Labour stongholds, they will be pushing for investment in their areas now. And if we use transport as a starting point, in London it is mostly about Crossrail and how that will benefit them. In the North the new MP's want immediate action, so HS2 is not going to win any votes in 5 yrs time, as it costs a fortune and won't even be done by then. They will want better bus services, investment in green buses, and that means more spending in the short term. IF the Govt don't invest in projects like this that will make a very near term difference then these new supporters will easily head back to Labour (subject to them getting their act together at some stage).

So imho, the Tory party have a once in a liftetime chance to almost kill off the Labour party, but if they mess this up we are likely to hea dback to minority Govt's quicker than expected
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    with 109 new MP's many of who have come into Parliament from traditional Labour stongholds, they will be pushing for investment in their areas now. And if we use transport as a starting point, in London it is mostly about Crossrail and how that will benefit them. In the North the new MP's want immediate action, so HS2 is not going to win any votes in 5 yrs time, as it costs a fortune and won't even be done by then. They will want better bus services, investment in green buses, and that means more spending in the short term. IF the Govt don't invest in projects like this that will make a very near term difference then these new supporters will easily head back to Labour (subject to them getting their act together at some stage).

So imho, the Tory party have a once in a liftetime chance to almost kill off the Labour party, but if they mess this up we are likely to hea dback to minority Govt's quicker than expected
    They need to sort Northern Rail out before they even begin on buses. They really are utter ****

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They need to sort Northern Rail out before they even begin on buses. They really are utter ****
    I gave up getting the train due to
    a) first one didn't leave Knaresborough until after 7
    b) they never seemed to run on time
    c)overcrowded
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Fair point.

though, no matter how much money is thrown at this project (and as ALWAYS with the NHS) it will 'never be enough'.

GDP pc and median household incomes are pretty similar, so this will require a pretty big shift in wealth distribution from the very rich to public services. Not sure how well that will go down with the more traditional' Tory voters.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

c)overcrowded
    I drive in far more frequently now, fed up of being late

I bet it's nice getting into your own cosy little vehicle for the journey home

Heater on
    Classic FM
    etc.
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

Heater on
    Classic FM
    etc.
    One needs comfort when one is sat in a traffic jam.
    Or crawling behind a fúcking tractor :fume:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

Heater on
    Classic FM
    etc.
    Heated seats

c)overcrowded
    The trains need nationalising, P.
    That'll sort em out. Get back to how things were in the 70s*.

* Fúcking shít, ISTR

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Heated seats
    They'll give you the farmers, p.