Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Oh, and a word for the soon-to-be Mrs Monty

Oh, and a word for the soon-to-be Mrs Monty

We've had some serious political ding dongs over the years, but last night she relayed a WhatsApp conversation with some of her appalling lefty friends, during which they were discussing the election and she told them I was voting Tory - something I know she'd have been nervous about because these people are quintessential "all Tories are evil" cretins.

Anyway, they responded as you'd expect, asking how the hell she could be marrying me, yada yada. It was a private conversation and I'd never have found out if she'd joined in. But she then read out what she'd written in response, which was a full-throated, extremely well articulated defence of me, and it fair made me well up with pride.

Reader, I married her

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    We've had some serious political ding dongs over the years, but last night she relayed a WhatsApp conversation with some of her appalling lefty friends, during which they were discussing the election and she told them I was voting Tory - something I know she'd have been nervous about because these people are quintessential "all Tories are evil" cretins.

Anyway, they responded as you'd expect, asking how the hell she could be marrying me, yada yada. It was a private conversation and I'd never have found out if she'd joined in. But she then read out what she'd written in response, which was a full-throated, extremely well articulated defence of me, and it fair made me well up with pride.

Reader, I married her
    Seriously, though, what sort of person would slag off someone’s partner and father of their kids to their face (well, via WhatsApp)? That’s just bizarre behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Seriously, though, what sort of person would slag off someone’s partner and father of their kids to their face (well, via WhatsApp)? That’s just bizarre behaviour.
    Indeed, and not one of these "anti-racists" has ever bothered to ask how their friend's Jewish partner or his family feel about the anti-Semitism scandal in Labour.

As the missus pointed out, if she was still dating an Indian guy, they'd be regularly asking her about his thoughts on the "hostile environment", climate of racism, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Perhaps they've actually met Monty b