Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that was brutal. I knew those northern hard nuts had had enough of Jezza and the

Well that was brutal. I knew those northern hard nuts had had enough of Jezza and the

prating, not-so-intelligentsia leftists but had hoped to see a different picture down south. Even went to bed early to try and trick the Gods of Politics and wake up to a shock polling error but they ain't so easily duped as their football colleagues

I have some compensations though. I knew the exit poll was a massive Tory gain as soon as I saw that unspeakable c'unt Andrew Neil's face. He knows he is finished because BJ has shown that there is now no obligation for any politician to endure the rude and revolting hectoring that he imagines constitutes an interview (I have a feeling Boris will now accept his invitation and hopefully finish him off for good).

Diane Abbott will disappear and rightly so. She should not have been anywhere near the front bench. Not just that she is so unpleasant, just so exhaustingly mediocre.

The SNP can have have their next referendum and they'll lose that one too which will be hilarious.

The campaign to rejoin the EU starts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    prating, not-so-intelligentsia leftists but had hoped to see a different picture down south. Even went to bed early to try and trick the Gods of Politics and wake up to a shock polling error but they ain't so easily duped as their football colleagues

I have some compensations though. I knew the exit poll was a massive Tory gain as soon as I saw that unspeakable c'unt Andrew Neil's face. He knows he is finished because BJ has shown that there is now no obligation for any politician to endure the rude and revolting hectoring that he imagines constitutes an interview (I have a feeling Boris will now accept his invitation and hopefully finish him off for good).

Diane Abbott will disappear and rightly so. She should not have been anywhere near the front bench. Not just that she is so unpleasant, just so exhaustingly mediocre.

The SNP can have have their next referendum and they'll lose that one too which will be hilarious.

There is one deeply worrying potential consequence, though.

There will be a Labour party leadership election. Which means that we could end up with Human Foghorn Jess 'Screech' Phillips shrieking and caterwauling from our TVs every day.

I think I'd hang myself.

Well this is most disappointing, h.
    Here was I hoping you’d come out swinging do we could have a bit of knockabout fun abusing one another, but instead you adopt a tone of weary resignation and make fair points with which I broadly agree.
    Where’s the fun in that, ffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There is one deeply worrying potential consequence, though.

There will be a Labour party leadership election. Which means that we could end up with Human Foghorn Jess 'Screech' Phillips shrieking and caterwauling from our TVs every day.

I think I'd hang myself.
    I'e already heard mutterings about the Thornberry harridan. If they give her the wheel they have learned nothing. They need that nice Milliband boy back. Reckon he'd clean up, fierce intellect, good looking, not tainted by antisemitism

I'e already heard mutterings about the Thornberry harridan. If they give her the wheel they have learned nothing. They need that nice Milliband boy back. Reckon he'd clean up, fierce intellect, good looking, not tainted by antisemitism
    Bring back David, you mean? He'd definitely do better than Lady Nugee, who really, really isn't the sort of character to win back Labour's northern heartlands

I reckon they might go through a few leaders between now and the next election.

Bring back David, you mean? He'd definitely do better than Lady Nugee, who really, really isn't the sort of character to win back Labour's northern heartlands

Starmer and his haircut look best placed to me. Served under Corbyn, but a Blairite moderate at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Starmer and his haircut look best placed to me. Served under Corbyn, but a Blairite moderate at heart.
    Surely there will now be a power struggle between MCdonnell's Momentum blackshirts and the so-called moderates? I guess much will depend on whether tens of thousands of feckless fools can find 3 quid to renew their memberships.

Should have David before Ed, reckon they'd have won that election

Surely there will now be a power struggle between MCdonnell's Momentum blackshirts and the so-called moderates? I guess much will depend on whether tens of thousands of feckless fools can find 3 quid to renew their memberships.
    Oh, yes. The Labour bloodletting over the next few months promises to be tremendous fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well this is most disappointing, h.
    Here was I hoping you’d come out swinging do we could have a bit of knockabout fun abusing one another, but instead you adopt a tone of weary resignation and make fair points with which I broadly agree.
    Where’s the fun in that, ffs?
    When one's enemy delivers a rout one must simply conduct oneself with humility b. Nothing serves to dissipate the triumphal braying of the victorious more quickly than seeing their opponent bloodied yet unbowed.