Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone eaten at The German Gymnasium?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It’s a lovely restaurant, but it hardly screams “hearty winter’s grub to warm the soul after watching us get anally raped in the freezing cold at the Emirates”

I will be needing schnitzel.
    Actually just across the road from there is a Thai place that is considered by many afficianados to be the best Thai in London. Can't remember what it's called or exactly where it is. HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The crispy bits of pig's head were a particular treat. Don't know if they still do them, mind. Last went there three or four years ago.
    I asked the sommelier for a recommendation and he steered me towards an extremely pleasing Gavi di Gavi to accompany the hors d'oeuvres. I am now a confirmed fan of the Gavi, when only a crisp white will do.

Monty92 "But where else you gonna go that’s a stone’s throw from St. Pancras? "

Piebury Corner perhaps
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The funny thing is, I thought it was called the German Gymnasium as a refence to school for some reason but then it turns out the building used to be a gymnasium! How amazing is that?
    I don't suppose a working man like myself can get a decent zigeunerschnitzel and a plate of chips in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I don't suppose a working man like myself can get a decent zigeunerschnitzel and a plate of chips in there?
    I can't believe you'd do anything as bourgeois as eating in a restaurant, h? Surely you devote all your time and energies to working at the food bank and campaigning for Jeremy?

They do a three-sausage combo as a 'nibble' for a mere £12.80, h.

https://www.germangymnasium.com/wp-c...nt-ALC-NEW.pdf

Been booked in there to take some people out to lunch. Trempted by the Schweinhaxe, but worry that consuming a giant, steaming limb in front of people from whom I want money may not be the best move.
    Great chance to 'Basil Fawlty' it up B when the waiter mentions Hors d'oeuvres.

'Hors d'oeuvres... vich must be obeyed at all times vizout question!'

Will create a relaxed atmosphere and your financial dealings will all go sweet
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

They do a three-sausage combo as a 'nibble' for a mere £12.80, h.

https://www.germangymnasium.com/wp-c...nt-ALC-NEW.pdf
    What the feck is a Tomahawk schnitzel? Looks like a bit of zigeuner sauce would be beneath this rather pretentious establishment. Do they at least actually import a decent german draught?

What the feck is a Tomahawk schnitzel? Looks like a bit of zigeuner sauce would be beneath this rather pretentious establishment. Do they at least actually import a decent german draught?
    I assume it's like a Tomahawk steak - ie with the rib bone left in so that it resembles a tomahawk.

I assume it's like a Tomahawk steak - ie with the rib bone left in so that it resembles a tomahawk.
    Hardly suitable for a breadcrumb coating though? I'd crack me dentures!