Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As happy as I am that we won a game I am afraid I feel I have to point out

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Who? The fat bástard or the Mothercare jew?
    The Mothercare Jew sounds like a gangster or a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You remember the fellow. Remarkably vicious vocabulary. Had a bet about something with Ian Harvey - the forfiet being he would have to wear a Spurs shirt - lost - welched. You remember?

Fat pseudo Lebanese kúnt.

Dom Joly, not you.
    That was probably Gilbert Silva wasn't it?

Superhero - that would be brilliant. Will sell a lot when Jeremy becomes PM on Friday

You remember the fellow. Remarkably vicious vocabulary. Had a bet about something with Ian Harvey - the forfiet being he would have to wear a Spurs shirt - lost - welched. You remember?
    Oh, yes. I think la and his remarkably intact memory are correct - Gilbert Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That was probably Gilbert Silva wasn't it?
    The Mothercare jew? I think you may be right.

He quite upset me you know. He was so... nasty.

Oh, yes. I think la and his remarkably intact memory are correct - Gilbert Silva.
    Jesus, look how my fingers created the word 'forfeit' there.

Perhaps just disappointed that our new recent World Cup-winning superstar midfielder was NOT Ronaldinho?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Oh man, our fans HATED him.

I must have heard the witty refrain of "eeee ain't Brazilian!!" about 20 times a game..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It is possible that there may be a Gilberto effect going on with Xaka.

It's kind of forgotten nowadays, but for the first couple of years Gilberto was absolutely hated by most fans, but slowly they began to understand what he did and how important he was.
    This may be rose tinted glasses but I don't remember Gilberto constantly giving the ball away. I recall us suggesting he was limited, and he certainly was, but in a good way.

Also, Xhaka has been with us for nearly two and a half seasons and seems to be getting worse.

It isn't entirely his fault. If we want to play out of the back then we need midfielders who will take the ball from the back four. For an hour last night I watched our centre backs endlessly passing to each other while our two midfielders hid, standing next to their markers with no desire to take the ball. Guendouzi was on the field for ten minutes and spent the entire time dropping off into space to take the ball.

If Xhaka isn't going to do this, he is of no real use to us.

Can we not knock it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    This may be rose tinted glasses but I don't remember Gilberto constantly giving the ball away. I recall us suggesting he was limited, and he certainly was, but in a good way.

Also, Xhaka has been with us for nearly two and a half seasons and seems to be getting worse.

It isn't entirely his fault. If we want to play out of the back then we need midfielders who will take the ball from the back four. For an hour last night I watched our centre backs endlessly passing to each other while our two midfielders hid, standing next to their markers with no desire to take the ball. Guendouzi was on the field for ten minutes and spent the entire time dropping off into space to take the ball.

If Xhaka isn't going to do this, he is of no real use to us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."