Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: As happy as I am that we won a game I am afraid I feel I have to point out

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    that Xhaka is ****ing useless.

It really is time to give up with him now.
    I know he's the weak link in the front 6 we had yesterday. But in AW's last season, Xhaka and Ozil were both in the top 4 for passes completed in opposition half.

If he could get back to that, he could link between LT and Ozil et al.

But we really need a creative box-to-box MF. I loved Rambo, but look how many Santi's scored and made this year. Why did we let him go?

A Rosicky type would be ideal. Like Santi, some-one who has the skill to play as the attacking MF, but also the tackling and work rate to play that no.8 role between the no.10 and the DM.

If we had one of those, two fit full backs and 2 pwoppa CHs, we wouldn't be too far away. With Laca and Gwendo on the bench and the kids coming through.

A poor man's Stefan Malz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I know he's the weak link in the front 6 we had yesterday. But in AW's last season, Xhaka and Ozil were both in the top 4 for passes completed in opposition half.

If he could get back to that, he could link between LT and Ozil et al.

But we really need a creative box-to-box MF. I loved Rambo, but look how many Santi's scored and made this year. Why did we let him go?

A Rosicky type would be ideal. Like Santi, some-one who has the skill to play as the attacking MF, but also the tackling and work rate to play that no.8 role between the no.10 and the DM.

If we had one of those, two fit full backs and 2 pwoppa CHs, we wouldn't be too far away. With Laca and Gwendo on the bench and the kids coming through.
    Given that our biggest vulnerability seems to be getting caught on the counter attack whenever we lose the ball I would say we could do with at least one midfielder who knows how to take up a decent position. That would be a start. And that isn't Ramsey....

I miss Arteta and Santi. Always available, always wanted the ball, everywhere on the pitch. I appreciate this is currently related to a general lack of confidence nfidence but there are too many players in that team that simply don't want the ball in their own half.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Can we not knock it?

hmmm, marvellous
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”