Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: That Jonathan Ashworth recording is really quite something

That Jonathan Ashworth recording is really quite something

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The single most important thing is that he admits Corbyn is a national security risk... whilst campaigning to have him elected.

What sort of lunatic does that?

In a sense, yes. But on the other hand it's hardly a major revelation that a large percentage of senior Labour figures think Corbyn's a disaster and want rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The single most important thing is that he admits Corbyn is a national security risk... whilst campaigning to have him elected.

The fact he's doing it makes any protestations about him being stitched up by his mate null and void imo. No sympathy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I like his Richard Keys-esque "it was just banter" defence.

There is not a single second of that recording when Ashworth gives any indication, either in tone or content, that he is not sharing his heartfelt beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In a sense, yes. But on the other hand it's hardly a major revelation that a large percentage of senior Labour figures think Corbyn's a disaster and want rid of him.
    Sure, but to hear it from a high profile member of his shadow cabinet is still staggering.

I like his Richard Keys-esque "it was just banter" defence.

There is not a single second of that recording when Ashworth gives any indication, either in tone or content, that he is not sharing his heartfelt beliefs.
    Did you see Boris in the bakery with all those frummers?

It was a shame they were all so keen to get the doughnuts... all those outstretched hands and urgent calls for doughnuts... almost as if they were, well, grasping and greedy.

It was a miracle no one offered to lend Boris money.

Epic bantz!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”