Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For all the jot of us winning I know that there will be certain AWIMBers

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The bit where he repeatedly refused to look at the picture, took the phone off the reporter and put it in the pocket...that bit of evidence
    HE LOOKED AT THE PICTURE! How long did you want him to stare at it? How weak would he be to pander to a 'journalist' who had descended to the gutter for the sake of a cheap emotional blackmail stunt?

The bit where he repeatedly refused to look at the picture, took the phone off the reporter and put it in the pocket...that bit of evidence
    How many pictures would you like me to show you of him looking at the phone?

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    HE LOOKED AT THE PICTURE! How long did you want him to stare at it? How weak would he be to pander to a 'journalist' who had descended to the gutter for the sake of a cheap emotional blackmail stunt?
    It's the refusinmg to look at it, and not wanting to talk about it that makes the news, he could have looked straight away and said "that is why we are leaving the EU, so we can spend extra money on the NHS", since that was on his battle bus in 2016 it would have made sense.

So Boris being Boris is an issue
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

He didn't hug anyone or have a little cry though did he? Heartless tory b'astard

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How many pictures would you like me to show you of him looking at the phone?

download.jpg

download.jpg
    After he took it off the reporter and stuck it in his pocket, you are trying top defend something that all the major news outlets have commented on. He could have headed this off at the pass

After he took it off the reporter and stuck it in his pocket, you are trying top defend something that all the major news outlets have commented on. He could have headed this off at the pass
    They're making a big deal of it because they're desperate for anything that they think will damage him. They are therefore not showing his full reaction, which was to engage with the picture, say it was bad and say he was going to spend more money on the NHS. He then absent-mindedly put the phone in his pocket, only to return it almost immediately with his apologies.

But that doesn't make such a good story, does it? And you're only selecting the bits of the story you like.

They're making a big deal of it because they're desperate for anything that they think will damage him. They are therefore not showing his full reaction, which was to engage with the picture, say it was bad and say he was going to spend more money on the NHS. He then absent-mindedly put the phone in his pocket, only to return it almost immediately with his apologies.

But that doesn't make such a good story, does it? And you're only selecting the bits of the story you like.
    Well strangely enough isn't thay how news works, outlets will take the parts that make headlines and use them...he ****ed up the way he handled it and could have got away with it

My original point that Boris being boris is the only concern the Tory party has, Labour aren't electable and Corbyn is an even bigger liabilty than Boris.

Well strangely enough isn't thay how news works, outlets will take the parts that make headlines and use them...he ****ed up the way he handled it and could have got away with it

My original point that Boris being boris is the only concern the Tory party has, Labour aren't electable and Corbyn is an even bigger liabilty than Boris.
    Having been a journalist for nearly 25 years, I'm well aware how news works, thanks.

However, it behoves intelligent people to look beyond the surface of a story and seek the actual truth. It also behoves them to examine the motives of the journalists involved and judge the story accordingly.

The only reason not to do so is because you're seeing what you want rather than what's actually there.

Having been a journalist for nearly 25 years, I'm well aware how news works, thanks.

However, it behoves intelligent people to look beyond the surface of a story and seek the actual truth. It also behoves them to examine the motives of the journalists involved and judge the story accordingly.

The only reason not to do so is because you're seeing what you want rather than what's actually there.
    Well since you can't see what's in front of you. The Daily Mail, who are as pro Tory as possible in this election have the following.

Questioned by ITV News yesterday, Mr Johnson initially refused to look at the photo of Jack on the reporter's phone before taking the phone and putting it in his pocket

In a bizarre spat on Monday, Boris Johnson took an ITV reporter's phone and put it in his pocket after being confronted with the picture of Jack Williment.

Questioned by ITV News yesterday, Mr Johnson initially refused to look at the photo of Jack on the reporter's phone before taking the phone and putting it in his pocket.

Those are just from 1 news story, so I know you are massively pro Tory but wake up and see it was a PR cock up that he could have avoided.

Mass hysteria, I'm telling you. The proles have been informed that Trump is bad, Boris is bad, Greta is good... and they believe. Man how they believe. The BBC might as well drop the pretence and just stick up a picture of Boris' face on the screen at 8 pm each day so everyone can have a good old 10 Minute Hate.