Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For all the jot of us winning I know that there will be certain AWIMBers

For all the jot of us winning I know that there will be certain AWIMBers

who will be moaning about the ole's more than anything else
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You realise your initial reaction to us winning is to moan at about some imaginary people doing some imaginary thing that they haven’t even done yet?

That is powerfully odd.

But fair enough, you crack on. This general election campaign has twisted my brain a bit, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You realise your initial reaction to us winning is to moan at about some imaginary people doing some imaginary thing that they haven’t even done yet?

That is powerfully odd.

But fair enough, you crack on. This general election campaign has twisted my brain a bit, too.
    My initial reaction was one of shock, I'm not used to seeing us a) win , b) come from behind and win, c) only let in 1 goal

The general election is done and dusted imo, unless Boris manages to royally **** this up (a fair chance with past history) the Tory party will win and have a majority of 40 or so... we can then look forward to the next 5 yrs

My initial reaction was one of shock, I'm not used to seeing us a) win , b) come from behind and win, c) only let in 1 goal

The general election is done and dusted imo, unless Boris manages to royally **** this up (a fair chance with past history) the Tory party will win and have a majority of 40 or so... we can then look forward to the next 5 yrs
    It's looking far too close for comfort now. At a 6/7% difference we're in hung parliament territory.

It's looking far too close for comfort now. At a 6/7% difference we're in hung parliament territory.
    Not really. As I said yesterday, Cameron won a working majority with a six-point lead. And that is very much at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of the level of Boris's lead. We've all been conditioned to be negative after 2017 and that's fair enough, but there is far more reason to be positive than negative at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not really. As I said yesterday, Cameron won a working majority with a six-point lead. And that is very much at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of the level of Boris's lead. We've all been conditioned to be negative after 2017 and that's fair enough, but there is far more reason to be positive than negative at the moment.
    What if the leftwaffe have targeted the right marginal seats? What if the BP nicks the wrong votes in the wrong places?

It's far too tight for comfort.

I assumed they were ironic.

What if the leftwaffe have targeted the right marginal seats? What if the BP nicks the wrong votes in the wrong places?

It's far too tight for comfort.
    Boris being Boris is probably the biggest concern for the Tory party, the photo/phone incident yesterday does nothing to help people think he doesn't actually give a **** about the public

Boris being Boris is probably the biggest concern for the Tory party, the photo/phone incident yesterday does nothing to help people think he doesn't actually give a **** about the public
    What, the bit where he looked at the picture, said it's a horrible thing, apologised and made the point that he would be looking to increase spending on the NHS?

Honestly. I think there is some sort of mass hysteria going around. People only see and hear what they want to see and hear, despite the clear ***king evidence ot he contrary.

What, the bit where he looked at the picture, said it's a horrible thing, apologised and made the point that he would be looking to increase spending on the NHS?

Honestly. I think there is some sort of mass hysteria going around. People only see and hear what they want to see and hear, despite the clear ***king evidence ot he contrary.
    The bit where he repeatedly refused to look at the picture, took the phone off the reporter and put it in the pocket...that bit of evidence