Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No one has mentioned Torreira

No one has mentioned Torreira

Who played in his best position and was very good. It looked like we had a midfield again, despite Xhaka’s best efforts to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Who played in his best position and was very good. It looked like we had a midfield again, despite Xhaka’s best efforts to the contrary.
    Yeah, imagine if we had him holding MF. Ozil, Pépé, Gabi and Auba as the DB, FL, RP, TH style front 4.

And Rambo in the middle linking them up, making late, Freddie style runs into the box. We'd only be a couple of CHs are some fit fullbacks away from a pwoppa team.

{Though Santi would be nice too, though, tbf.}

He was excellent ...got the ball rolling for all 3 goals i believe?

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    He was excellent ...got the ball rolling for all 3 goals i believe?
    And Ozil drive forward and passes for the 2nd and 3rd.

Chambers looked fine at CH. Play RH next to him. AMN looked decent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    And Ozil drive forward and passes for the 2nd and 3rd.

Chambers looked fine at CH. Play RH next to him. AMN looked decent as well.
    Give it up GG, AMN was terrible. Again. And Ozil was terrible first half (he had some company) and average second half.

Leno, Torrerira, Pepe and especially Martinelli stood out. Chambers looked better at CB as well, I thought. Another CB, two FBs who can stay fit and a new manager would be nice Christmas prezzies.

Give it up GG, AMN was terrible. Again. And Ozil was terrible first half (he had some company) and average second half.

Leno, Torrerira, Pepe and especially Martinelli stood out. Chambers looked better at CB as well, I thought. Another CB, two FBs who can stay fit and a new manager would be nice Christmas prezzies.
    It's been a strange end of last season and start of this one, it's almost as if Ramsey getting injured and then leaving has left us massively short in a midfield player who can drive us forward.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Apart from that stupid flick from Torrerira which almost cost us a goal. Xhaka looked a different player once we scored until he took the whack to the head.

Ozil was really trying in that 1st half, only player looking for the ball and getting into space. Not difficult to see that once the other players started to do that that he looked so much better

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Apart from that stupid flick from Torrerira which almost cost us a goal. Xhaka looked a different player once we scored until he took the whack to the head.

Ozil was really trying in that 1st half, only player looking for the ball and getting into space. Not difficult to see that once the other players started to do that that he looked so much better
    I think you're being kind to him, PRSB. I watched him stroll around first half (as I said, he wasn't alone) giving the ball away and doing his usual 'avoid physical contact at all cost' thing. One particular ball he couldn't be bothered competing for really wound me up.

Not bothered about the muppets in this article but the stats suggest he was as bad as I thought he was. And if he plays like that against West Ham, what will he be like when we play a team that really presses us? Sorry, but I'm struggling to see where he fits in with us going forward. Wenger couldn't get the best out of him using the softly softly approach, Emery couldn't being harder on him, I'm not too sure that anything will work.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.c...ul-mesut-ozil/

I think you're being kind to him, PRSB. I watched him stroll around first half (as I said, he wasn't alone) giving the ball away and doing his usual 'avoid physical contact at all cost' thing. One particular ball he couldn't be bothered competing for really wound me up.

Not bothered about the muppets in this article but the stats suggest he was as bad as I thought he was. And if he plays like that against West Ham, what will he be like when we play a team that really presses us? Sorry, but I'm struggling to see where he fits in with us going forward. Wenger couldn't get the best out of him using the softly softly approach, Emery couldn't being harder on him, I'm not too sure that anything will work.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.c...ul-mesut-ozil/
    I disagree, think people have made an opinion (or read it) and won't actually see what he brings and does

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

as soon as we scored I saw a different Xhaka, moving in a different way, playing the ball whilst it's moving rather than going backwards.