Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That was miles better than I expected.

That was miles better than I expected.

The picture was fine. Nice to hear old Clive again, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    ‘Hassle free returns’. Just send the whole match back and get a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    ‘Hassle free returns’. Just send the whole match back and get a new one
    I was thinking that this is the most appalling team we’ve seen since the early 80s, so maybe things might start to improve now? Then I remembered the 6 years between 1981 and 1987

I was thinking that this is the most appalling team we’ve seen since the early 80s, so maybe things might start to improve now? Then I remembered the 6 years between 1981 and 1987
    Someone will surely come to the rescue? Just like George Graham did back then. Somebody get Mikel Arteta a camel coat!

I tried the option where you turn the commentators off but it was just a bit weird tbh. Maybe a better performance and the crowd waking up and it might have worked.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

You mean when we had David O'Leary? You know, a proper, world class centre-half? Bet you'd forgotten such a player existed. But in the old days, we had someone with a number 5 or 6 on his back who actually stopped opposing attackers as opposed to stepping out of their way and politely waving them through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You mean when we had David O'Leary? You know, a proper, world class centre-half? Bet you'd forgotten such a player existed. But in the old days, we had someone with a number 5 or 6 on his back who actually stopped opposing attackers as opposed to stepping out of their way and politely waving them through.
    I think the midfield is the bigger problem defensively. Opposition players should not be running directly at your back four. It happens pretty much every time we lose the ball.

Sounds like the real problem is opposition players?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think the midfield is the bigger problem defensively. Opposition players should not be running directly at your back four. It happens pretty much every time we lose the ball.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Sounds like the real problem is opposition players?
    We could ask them to stop doing it but I think they would view that as an unreasonable request.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    our entire team think that defending involves running backwards towards our own goal whilst not making a fúcking challenge for the ball.

Leno (and maybe Kolasinac) apart, that team performance was a fúcking shambles. Or indeed, as they pointed out last night, not a team, 11 players.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”